• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dissapointment

H&K

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2006
i am very dissapointed with this game. i have payed for this game, and what i got was a very buggy/unstable beta. if this where a free mod this post would not be here. i tried aolt of you fixes.. none worked for long if at all.. i cant belive you would charge ppl, to be your beta testers...

on the plus side. this is the best ww2 fps i have played.(when it will run...) i just think you released it too early, and it should have been a free dl for all the BS involved in playing it..

I can understand to an extent, but you have to remember TW is a small company and the budget they had for the game i'd say was tiny compared to the big boys. I'd ask you to continue supporting TW as an up and coming new developer, give them time and you'll see TW turn this game into the game into one they would have released from day one given a proper budget and of course time. From what i've heard its amazing we have the game at all.

Upvote 0
I can not replicate your fix in support. And just for your information, any errors that happen before Red Orchestra opens are, more often then not, a steam issue and should be taken up with a steam support ticket (that is not to say that all of these problems are steam issues, they could very well be ours and you should post them here as well). We post work arounds as we find them, however for perminate fixes the steam crew have to know the issues as well.

Upvote 0
I've only run into about 2, maybe 3 bugs on RO:O. (Grenade fuses shorter when holding grenade than when thrown, can sometimes see through disabled vehicles that are part of the terrain when using a sniper rifle supported, the forests on Arad...)

Compare that to BF2, which has been out for about a year, and I can name a dozen off the top of my head. (AT missiles go through vehicles about 1/4 of the time, tank rounds will sometimes impact and do no damage, tank rounds will sometimes impact and do 100%+ damage, bullets will sometimes hit soldiers and do 0 damage about 1/4 of the time, knife hits and does 0 damage about 1/2 of the time, enemy soldiers sometimes identified as friendlies, friendly soldiers sometimes identified as enemies AAM/SAM sometimes track target other than the one locked.... and on and on.)

So, how is RO:O "buggy" exactly?

Upvote 0
H&K said:
i am very dissapointed with this game. i have payed for this game, and what i got was a very buggy/unstable beta. if this where a free mod this post would not be here. i tried aolt of you fixes.. none worked for long if at all.. i cant belive you would charge ppl, to be your beta testers...

on the plus side. this is the best ww2 fps i have played.(when it will run...) i just think you released it too early, and it should have been a free dl for all the BS involved in playing it..

Huh? Am I the only person having problems reading this? I'm dissapointed.

Upvote 0
here's a good one

Shot00007.jpg

Upvote 0
H&K said:

I didn't see any questions in there, so hi, welcome to the forums!!

Upvote 0
Centar said:
I urge everyone to continue not flaming him. Beyond that, out of honest curiosity and a will to improve this game, I'd like a more detailed insight on this from the original poster. As in what are the bugs that he keeps encountering and why else does it suck.

one of the most inteligent things i heard in a long time ...

Upvote 0
This game is not bad at all, but is not free of problems either. I was trying for a month just to install it, then thanks to the very helpful guys at Destineer tech support I was able to do it. Played several times in practice mode and must admit that I enjoyed playing tanks the most and didn't care for infantry at all. Bots jumping up and down, running in wavy patterns, shooting you from impossible distance, taking over your tank in most inconvenient moments (yes I know how to order them out, but they keep coming back), are one of the weakest element of the game. Issues of lighting, landscape design, weapons etc. are sort of secondary importance. I admit enjoying all COD's installments and rather passionately disliking Brothers in Arms. So, recapping, I look forward to more comprehensive patches down the line and give this game a solid "B" grade.
Peter P11c :)

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed on the RO forums:
Since the game is (imho) pretty polished and has no major flaws, people tend to really pick out every tiny detail they could moan about :p Most of the bugs in RO arent crucial or allow exploiting them that much (well, the tanks are messed up, but we already got the fix confirmed). Other games needed lots and lots of patches to get the gameplay even close to Red Orchestras depth and balance - we should worthship that instead of picking on every bug we find ;)

Upvote 0