• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

You asked about patches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfsglen said:
Endless Off-Topic moaning for 2+ pages about something you havent even seen or tried yet? Check. You know who you are, now stop it.

RO is not an online virtual digital museum for people to stand around masterbating over pixel-perfect models down to the smallest nuts and bolts (though its not far off being that hehe), its a GAME.

Now with that said, i am a perfectionist who likes to see as much accuracy with weapon or vehicle models as any of you guys, little things annoy me too when they arent accurate - but there is more to having a realistic game than JUST perfect models...i would rather have a 2 poly block with accurate physics and bullet drop than a perfectly modelled rifle that acts like a Doom BFG. These things take time, be patient...it may not be perfect first time around, but that doesnt mean it wont be later when more important things are finished ;)

Now please, lets stop clogging up the thread over multiple pages with the idiotic assumptions like THIS. You should already know that RO (mod OR beta) limits weapons to an accurate timeframe, so the accusations of MN44s being on 1942 maps etc is borderline stupidity at worst and a weak argument at best.

Plus we have an ideas and suggestions forum just for arguments like this :)

I have one simple question for you wolfsglen,

Do you or do you not want to keep this sim realistic and historically accurate?

So having a uber rare weapon in the game like a hex M44 instead of one that served throughout the entire war like an AVT is nitpicking? I just love your logic. And you call yourself a "perfectionist". I bet you think Vietcon2 is also realistic.

And for the record, I know RO limits weapons by maps but another member brought that into question after I posted that the M44 could only be used in 1945 dated maps (all one, two of them?). All I did was ask what the hell he meant. I have already stated that the M44 could only be in 1945 dated maps, or did you somehow miss that part? So who is borderline stupid now? Did you really have to start getting insulting. :mad:

And yes, I DONT know what they will do with the M44 that is WHY I ASKED in the first place! I asked whether it will be hex or not. I got no response from anybody even though we have Tripwire staff posting in this thread. Im still waiting for an answer. But since the M38 and PU are already fudged with a hex, it would not take a rocket scientist to guess what they are going to do with the M44.

The intentions of my thread is to bring the facts about these incuracies to light and hope that Tripwire will make note of it and fix it. I love this game and I hate to see it go the way of BF2 or VC2.

So if you are somhow offended by my postings I will suggest to you that you filter out all my posting in the future. It's simple enough to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
akd said:
I believe he means 7.62x38R for the Nagant revolver. Why he felt the urge to bring that up I don't know.

I felt the urge because Chris45 brought it up in his thread. Or did you miss that? And because it is on topic with the conversation at the time.

BTW, nice red X boxes. You might want to check your links.
redx.jpg

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
As long as it was produced with a Hex receiver its not unrealistic, only improbable :). And i guess you would receive more friendly reactions if you wouldn't overly dramatize...

So that is what this game is going to? Being an "improbability? :confused:

I give up!

OK, so the weapons and tanks are now fudged, unrealistic and historically innacurate.

Fine. Nobody else cares and I get flamed for caring too much.

Enjoy your imporobable fantasy weapon battles then. :rolleyes:

Im done bitching about it. Nobody cares anyway.

Upvote 0
myzko said:
Starting a discussion about something we havent seen or tried yet is pretty wierd <.<

It's just good that Tripwire creates more weopens, it gives the mappers more to choose from.

Um, hello?

I did not start this thread. Tripwire did.

How wierd is that?

What exactly are we supposed to discuss here? Please explain this to me. Thanks.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
All I did was ask what the hell he meant. I have already stated that the M44 could only be in 1945 dated maps, or did you somehow miss that part? So who is borderline stupid now? Did you really have to start getting insulting. :mad:

Yeah, you've stated that and you were, and continue to be, wrong.

And nobody ever said the M44 would have a hex receiver. However, I'd prepare yourself for dissapointment, because a hexagon is much easier to render than a circle. ;)

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
You're funny, when you're capable of discussing something, please do so. But you're inflammatory remarks serve no purpose.

And since you're so hot about a little detail, i took the liberty to point out the small difference between a unrealistic and improbable Weapon ;).

Well for the record, I am not the one who got inflamatory. Leave it to another member to use the word "stupid" and "idiotic assumptions. That came from the gentleman that thinks that a Hex Reciever is a "bolt"?!? OK. :rolleyes:

Anyway I digress. You guys win. Enjoy your fantasy weapons.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
What exactly are we supposed to discuss here? Please explain this to me. Thanks.
Well what is weird is that you're ranting about something which is not verified in one direction or the other. And its also a Thing of keeping the Polygon Count low (not the DEV). The little ball at the End of the Bolt working thini (don't know the english term) ain't a Ball either... making things round takes some Polies...

@ Maximus
Only up to 100 KB of total size for images in Sigs :)

Upvote 0
akd said:
Yeah, you've stated that and you were, and continue to be, wrong.

And nobody ever said the M44 would have a hex receiver. However, I'd prepare yourself for dissapointment, because a hexagon is much easier to render than a circle. ;)

And it's that attitude and non-caring that will be the downfall of this game. And where exactly did I state that I was wrong? Quote please....

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well what is weird is that you're ranting about something which is not verified in one direction or the other. And its also a Thing of keeping the Polygon Count low (not the DEV). The little ball at the End of the Bolt working thini (don't know the english term) ain't a Ball either... making things round takes some Polies...

@ Maximus
Only up to 100 KB of total size for images in Sigs :)

Um Hello?

That is why I asked guy. Or did you miss that?

Again, I would like to get a sincere reason for the purpose of this thread to which you guys have failed to answer.

Apparenlty you think it is so I can stay on topic and you guys can flame me for it.

Again, what is the purpose of this thread?

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Again, what is the purpose of this thread?

Yeah you asked it, and haven't gotten a response.

The Purpose of this Thread, dunno for what its intended, but i'd guess to allow normal discussion of the News Items. Not that its my Duty to inform you about the Purpose of this Board.

And don't you thing it would have been better to wait till you get a response or the Patch comes out ? (whatever comes first). Before you predict Ostfront becoming CS/DOD/BF:V etc. ?

I don't say that you're wrong, or that your points made are wrong, but they way you tell your Message, will not help the Message. And the Discussion IS in the wrong Thread, its an Idea&Suggestion or a Bug Report, depending how one looks at it.
Though your questions was rightfully here, the Discussion should be done in the Suggestion Board, since it is not OnTopic for this News Item imho.

Upvote 0
Sclass12 said:
Gonzo, you are taking this way too seriously. No one said it would be made with a hex reciever, but if it was, would it really bug you enough to not enjoy the game?

I would probably keep playing this game regardless but I would be very dissapointed. And I am willing to bet it will be a hex. Many have already hinted on it and one of the staff refused to answer what it will be. His silence more or less confirms this.

You guys just do not understand. As a WWII firearm collector I was thrilled about this game because it is (was?) THE ONLY FPS that even came close to being realistic and having it's weapons dead on as far as historical accuracy. And the developers touted it (justifiably so) as being just that.

You can't sit there and tell me that they can't make a round reciever. Other lesser games AFAIK have done it so why not Tripwire? This is why we pay $150+ for high tech GPUs is it not? Most modern GPUs can handle this just fine.

This is why it pains me to see them lower their standards just so they can throw some content out there to appease the Xbox generation.:(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.