• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire is looking for testers.....

Beta testing is hard work, sometimes downright boring or tedious. It is also a very good way to become disenchanted with your favorite game. That is why one should be very careful when applying for beta tests.

So all you youngsters have nothing to cry about - enjoy the game, let others do the testing :)

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
Beta testing is hard work, sometimes downright boring or tedious. It is also a very good way to become disenchanted with your favorite game. That is why one should be very careful when applying for beta tests.

So all you youngsters have nothing to cry about - enjoy the game, let others do the testing :)

Indeed, people think it'll be cool because they get to see the new stuff, but that fades fast, then its work, and more work, and often the same thing over and over again.

My only reason for applying is that im unemployed, i have nothing but time, so i'd be happy to spend it on something that makes a difference, and actually helps this community and game.

If you dont have much free time, you need to ask yourself if you want to spend it working.

Just a heads up.. dont lose sight of what you are actually voulenteering for.

Upvote 0
1. How many weeks or months will the testing session span?
2. If you have a mic and your VOIP works, do you get priority over those who don't? (I hope not cause I don't have a mic and I can't hear VOIP, damn bug)
3. What days and time will the testing be?
4. How long will we have to wait to know if we made it?
5. Will there be minimum system requirements?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oleg said:

Very true, we try to keep testing as fun as possible, but it does it get old after some time.

Right now I have 30 - 40 testers. Give or take, and we have tests 5 times a week. In the past they usually last about 2 hours each and they are timed so Euro and NA people can both participate. What we are trying with adding testers is to get away from "Test Times" and keep a server of people testing almost 24/7.

This is a large scale recruitment for testing. Some will stay, some will go. We hope to keep you guys for future testing too, not just this one patch. This is a pretty big commitment, TW takes it very seriously and I hope anyone that applies will too.

I am going to try to start e-mailing people tomorrow, but I have other commiments on weekends, so you may not hear from me until Sunday.

System requirements are the same as they are for OST, Of course we ask that you be firewalled and all that good stuff.

*Imortant, you must own a copy of ostfront in order to run the beta of the patch.

Upvote 0
Grobut
As in CD-version only? or steam download version aswell?
Well you can only have 1 RO cd key regestered per account (I think). So I would say no, besides when you install the game with the CD, steam automatically updates it so that there is no difference between buying over steam or in a store. The only difference I could imagine would be that steam uses its own type of CD-key, when you buy games over it, so it doesn't have to be compatable with all kinds of different ones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0