• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dev's forgot about a demo?

I don't think the Grand Theft Auto games ever had a demo available. Yet, they sold billions and have a high quality standard to them just like RO does.

Furthermore, I strongly believe that the average FPS player CANNOT be disappointed with RO.

The only two reasons I see for somebody not liking RO are 1) hardware issues not letting you play it right. 2) getting your butt kicked on the servers (but it did happen to ALL of us the first times).

Either way, it's up to you to improve/fix your hardware or your game.

So, in my opinion, releasing a demo ain't necessary.

Upvote 0
Now that the patch is coming soon, I hope TW will concentrate on the demo. I believe a lot of ppl here in Kraut country are waiting for the retail box and the demo to play the game before buying. As it has been said many times before, many ppl in europe wait to buy in stores. And if the patch works fine and a demo is coming soon after that, there will be a huge amount of european players coming to ROOST from the day it will be in stores.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Well such a Weekly Update is a two-fold Sword, People tend to flame Companies if they can't bring out a Update every week, and if you do make it weekly some people will start Flame Wars just cause they don't like the Content of the Update :). And its also a bit of work, not a huge amount but the Information has to be checked for its sensitiveness, though i personally would like to see it, i also like the personal Approach TWI takes.

Community = *****

and yes we alle are a part from it

Upvote 0
Athena said:
I strongly believe that the average FPS player CANNOT be disappointed with RO.

The only two reasons I see for somebody not liking RO are 1) hardware issues not letting you play it right. 2) getting your butt kicked on the servers (but it did happen to ALL of us the first times).

Either way, it's up to you to improve/fix your hardware or your game.
I don

Upvote 0
Well..... to put it rough: "You're whole PC is a bottleneck", though no offense intended. Basically you're just above the min speccs, perhaps someone you know well will let you use his Steam Account on your PC, or will play from your PC (legal problems *g*).

You should be able to play the Game, but Load times will be long and i guess on some Maps you might suffer FPS Problems. Though with Tweaks you should run 20+ FPS.

Upvote 0
Yes i was no less astound as you :), first i got BSOD while running D3D9, but than i discovered that my Sound Driver hadn't been update in quite a Time (lazy me) and that solved it. I didn't overclock my Card (the Cooling rips fell off once, and since than i'm a bit careful with it). I dunno what is causing that anomaly, but i run Win2k and otherwise got normal Nvidia Drivers installed (not the lattest but quite up to date).

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
As had been stated many times, our priority is to our customers who have allready payed for the game and we are working with them in mind first. Now that the SDK is out, we are working on a new patch.

After that is ready we will most likely be in position to start working towards a demo again. Like always, we will keep the community updated on our status and what we are currently working on. So you WILL know when the demo is on the way.

you are such a good dev. I dont care about a demo. I got the game. If someone can fork over 20 bucks than they are too poor to have fun. thats my opinion.

Upvote 0