• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Napoleonic/19th Century War Mod

Just an idea at the moment but that's where it starts.
Anyone interested in canons, cavalry charges, The crack the muskets and ships of the line throwing broadsides at each other idea contact me at [email protected] or reply to this post.
At this point in time we mainly need 3D-Modellers who are ready and willing to make some very interesting and original 3D-Models.
We also need Coders, Sound, Historians/researchers, Mappers, texture artists and PR.
It's the duty of anyone who wants to see a Napoleonic FPS to make themselves useful :D

It will work the same way that Red Orchestra works through compromisation. World War Two wasn't about two groups of 15 soldiers fighting each other was it? a bit bigger than that wasn't it? :)
Of course musket lines is a problem to be solved, but the solution isn't "no mod, no problem" I've been thinking of ways to solve this problem since I first came up with the idea.;)

Upvote 0
I like this idea a lot...so many possiblities...

I am a bit of a Napoleonic Wars enthusiast :D I would love to see an idea along the lines of Napoleon's March on Moscow :D ....

Good luck with trying to get this off the ground....sounds very daunting but very exciting :D

**I also believe that kabex was talking about the MOD for Operation FlashPoint that whilst a little rough around the edges was nevertheless very enjoyable...:D

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/Napoleonic_War_Pack_1;41779

41779_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Bezukhov said:
what would be good for a mod on RO is a ww1 mod since RO is mainly a Bolt Action game (russians and germans standard infantry weapon being a B.A.R)
Why don't you make another thread about this? I'm not disagreeing it's a nice idea and would work well :)
but it doesn't fit in this thread.
I need some modellers where can I get them? are their any reading this?

Upvote 0
Michael Wittmann+ said:
Why don't you make another thread about this? I'm not disagreeing it's a nice idea and would work well :)
but it doesn't fit in this thread.
I need some modellers where can I get them? are their any reading this?

Don't quote me on this but I believe most of the Modellers who play RO have been snapped up by other MODs already :rolleyes:

Your best bet would be to trawl the Unreal forums etc....maybe even other games for Modellers ;)

Upvote 0
Frontier Skirmishes

Frontier Skirmishes

FPS might work developing scenarios that depict frontier fighting against indians both during Colonial times and the push westward by the United States. US Cavalry patrols against Apaches for example.

But Civil War or Revolutionary war other than skirmishing would require some other approach given the size of the battles and the napoleonic formations used to fight. You might have to have each human as commander of a Regiment and can shoot his personal weapons and cammand his regiment made up of bots that operate as a single regimental entity based on his commands. Then if you have 32 folks playing you have 32 regiments to portray a portion of an engagement like the Wheat Field at Gettysburg.

Upvote 0
Ps

Ps

Would be sort of like Sid Miers Gettysburg game except you are the commander of one of the regimental or brigade entities and you are on the field of battle with a first person view/perspective in the game. If the uniforms and accourtrements were fairly authentic and the game engine could handle such a game, I would sure love it.

Upvote 0
Would be sort of like Sid Miers Gettysburg game except you are the commander of one of the regimental or brigade entities and you are on the field of battle with a first person view/perspective in the game. If the uniforms and accourtrements were fairly authentic and the game engine could handle such a game, I would sure love it.
I really like these ideas Ranger :) Does anyone know if this could be made to work? or can they give a reason why it wouldn't work? It might be too ambitious to make a whole regiment but even if it ends up as being 5-10 bots that can be commanded it's going to be a good experience and make the mod more realistic.

Upvote 0
Brothers in Arms Game

Brothers in Arms Game

Brothers in Arms game uses a similar capability. The squad leader controls bots, but the squad leader himself is in the fight and can see, move, and shoot. Sid Miers game has all the commands you would need to give the unit. If you could combine the two formats and provide authentic uniformed soldiers, I think you would have something.

Upvote 0
PS Again

PS Again

PS - Sid Miers game did not have full number of soldiers you would have in a regiment. The entities had about 20 or 30 to represent a unit like the old goldern book of the civil war that had battle maps that had the little stick men portrayng regiments.

Might want to get in touch with him and see if he would be interested in developing such a game. Perhaps he might like to team up with the folks that make Brothers in Arms or this game for the FPS and Bot expertise. Miers has the expertise on Napoleonic command and control system in his game.

Another idea might be that you command the unit, but can switch and be any one of the soldiers in the regiment to get that perspective during the fight as the unit executes your orders.

I think with some imagination and bringing several gaming types together, you might be able to create a good game.

I certainly would love a game like that.

Upvote 0