• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cobra Gunship in Iraq

I actually didnt know that the guarding was viewed in that way, i just did a google search "uk newspapers", and clicked a random one.

In my opinion, UK media are perfectly positioned to give a good report, as they have their own troops in the line of fire.

One very interesting point of view from the war in iraq:
http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

How are these for sources:
http://today.reuters.com/news/newssearchresults.aspx?srch=iraq&searchtype=a
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/middle_east/2002/conflict_with_iraq/default.stm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Yes, because just like every german soldier in WW2 was gassing jews and every american soldier tortures POWs, every iraqi soldier beheads civilians on their spare time, right?

Dude, the people we're fighting in Iraq at this point are predominantly NOT Iraqi, and are not at all Iraqi military.

I keep getting sucked in... This was a nice video thread.

Bolt: Go for it. I've seen some videos like that, though they're fairly scarce.

And like I said before, Disturbed and such don't work very well for them.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
other psychos, who think those vids are COOL ("LOL, JUST LIKE IN BF2!!")

Alrighty, in a response to a very direct flame at me, I'm going to politely ask you to drink a glass of read what the **** you're looking at before posting.

I actually said I was impressed by BF2's representation of the missile system, I was impressed by the accuracy of the shots by the man behind the screen, and that Battlefield 2 has a fairly accurate representation of a Cobra Gunship.

I didn't say it was "Cool" or that I liked to see people get blown up by missiles. And quite frankly, if you're going to try an IQ card or a psycho card, grow the **** up and get some real arguments.

This isn't about the politics of the war in Iraq; this is a video demonstrating some of the skill of the soldiers the United States has in Iraq. I don't know if you think that people who respect what's going on over there are psychos; I would doubt your understanding of the word, were that the case.

So please, out of respect for, uh, humans in general, try and think about what you say and the context in which you say it. Just because someone adds music to a video doesn't make them a warmongering, fourteen-year-old video-game playing ambitionless ****-up who has no future... nor does it make them psychotic. If there was elevator music in the background, would it be mentioned? No. It was mentioned because of stereotypes amongst the world about Americans and American troops to be specific.

Upvote 0
I was impressed by BF2's representation of the missile system, I was impressed by the accuracy of the shots by the man behind the screen, and that Battlefield 2 has a fairly accurate representation of a Cobra Gunship.
..while watching how real people are being killed..
I don't know if you think that people who respect what's going on over there are psychos; I would doubt your understanding of the word, were that the case.
"over there" - you mean, in Iraq? So, one can respect when the strongest country picks somebody it doesn't like, tells the world: "They have wmd", puts a gigantic **** onto UN opinion and starts a war and after few months tells: "Sorry, we f*cked up, there were no wmd"? That is definetely not my case.
If there was elevator music in the background, would it be mentioned? No.
You bet i'd mention that. People still die in that video, and viewers of this board still look at it just like at any other funny inet video out there. I think the video shoudn't be posted in the first place.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
I don't want your apologies, i've never asked anyone to apologize.
I said my opinion: which is, people who liked this video have some issues with their head, that's all.

Hey Bolt..I really dont "give a rats ass" about your opinion. I love the video and nothing else pleases more by seeing the bad guys eat steel.

Have a nice day.

Upvote 0
dr. strangelove said:
Hey Bolt..I really dont "give a rats ass" about your opinion. I love the video and nothing else pleases more by seeing the bad guys eat steel.

Have a nice day.
'NUFF SAID

But anyways, as long as there are two different continents discussing the actions of another, there will always be conflict on the topic...

AKA... Euros saying theyre right and Americans saying theyre right....

Opinions opinions

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Sarcasm detector not on , eh? :) I meant the complete opposite of what I said there, which you would have seen if you had read the next paragraph, which was basically what you said..

ROFL, sorry. I didn't pick it up.

Hey, Bolt, uhhh... What games are you playin, man? And what are you doing on RO:O forums? I mean, I wouldn't expect a person with your high regard for the sanctity of life to play a sim where you can literally blow enemy soldiers into a fine paste.. just like the crews in that video were doing.

The game we're playing is a pretty accurate combat sim. You can bash people's heads in with a rifle butt, blow them up with grenades or tanks, stab them with bayonets... And they react pretty realistically. And, let's face it, you get a primal rush from it.

I don't see much difference between our video game and that video.

Upvote 0
Oh no! A blurry music video of the enemy being killed! Reduce testosterone levels immediately! Come on guys, the terrorists themselves--yes these are terrorists that kidnap and murder Iraqi civilians so they can supress the population and implement a theocratic terror state--post gruesome beheading videos and footage of them attacking and killing coalition servicemen on the internet...so what if they get a meager dose of their own medicine, may I point out it's a dose without much gore at all if any: I don't see the problem here.

Upvote 0
The same here, mate. I don't give a sh*t, if any of you don't give a sh*t bout my opinion. You say, that this video is great, i say you are sick. We can share our opinions, right?
The "bad guys".. Lets imagine that someday China will wage war on US and send their troops to your country. You as a real patriot will go defend it. Who's the bad guy? Judging by your logic, you will be the bad one. You know, terrorists don't have bmps, tanks etc. People who died in the video were normal soldiers, trying to defend their own homeland from occupation.
2Sage
When i play a game, i clearly understand that i've killed not a real person, but few pixels - i understand that this is a game, no one got hurt. When i watch this video, i see not only vechicles that are blown up ("just like in game!)", i also see people behind them. Who were killed, videotaped and put in the internet with hm sountracks to your enjoyment. If you don't see the difference between game and this video... well, maybe there are some doctors out there that could help, i dunno...

Come on guys, the terrorists themselves--yes these are terrorists that kidnap and murder Iraqi civilians so they can supress the population and implement a theocratic terror state
You say the ppl in this video are terrorists? From what i've seen, i can tell they were regular armymen.
post gruesome beheading videos and footage of them attacking and killing coalition servicemen on the internet...so what if they get a meager dose of their own medicine, may I point out it's a dose without much gore at all if any: I don't see the problem here.
So you want to fight fire with fire, right? They cut heads, you got AbuGreib. They videotape how they kill US marines, you videotape how you shoot bmps and cars with Cobra.
And now please tell: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TERRORISTS AND YOU GUYS? They are cruel, blood-thirsty animals, you say, but who are you to judge? "who ever is on receiving end of barrel - deserved it" Looks like "we fight for democracy, we are right, lets burn whole place down" thing to me. I read your post and to me USA seems like f*cking wild west, where people still live by the rule "an eye for an eye".

Upvote 0
I for one am looking foreward to ANY country 'invading' the USA...that is one of the four reasons I bought my civilian M14.

1) Kill any arrogant Bastiges that try to invade My Country.
2) Kill any arrogant Bastiges that try to repeal the Constitution.
3) Kill any and all Zombies, in case of Zombie Holocaust. :D
4) Shooting jugs of water for practice is a good way to pass a Saturday Afternoon.

Those guys who died fighting the USA in the invasion have died an honourable death. They had more cajones than their fellow countrymen. Unfourtunately for them...they were on the losing side of that fight.

USA has never beheaded schoolgirls on their way to the schoolhouse, like the terrorist did in the Philipines... If you really need to be told the difference, I think it is 'you sir' that need to see a head-shrinker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
I for one am looking foreward to ANY country 'invading' the USA...that is one of the four reasons I bought my civilian M14.

1) Kill any arrogant Bastiges that try to invade My Country.
2) Kill any arrogant Bastiges that try to repeal the Constitution.
3) Kill any and all Zombies, in case of Zombie Holocaust. :D
4) Shooting jugs of water for practice is a good way to pass a Saturday Afternoon.

Those guys who died fighting the USA in the invasion have died an honourable death. They had more cajones than their fellow countrymen. Unfourtunately for them...they were on the losing side of that fight.

USA has never beheaded schoolgirls on their way to the schoolhouse, like the terrorist did in the Philipines... If you really need to be told the difference, I think it is 'you sir' that need to see a head-shrinker.

"ok" As if the US could be invaded by anyone...

Upvote 0