• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My compliments for Basovka

I like the map over all, but as in Ponyri, the autospam (aka "artillery) is ridiculously overpowered. This is a small unit action on a relatively narrow stretch of dirt, but it seems like you've got a whole company firing mortars on you. Plus, half the time the Allied Kommander is an idiot and drops the mortars on his own team.

Overall, good map, though. I like the visual makeover.

Upvote 0
Basovka loses half its charm when there is no arty. It's just too easy to overtake the trenches if the Allied Commander is artillery-challenged. On the other hand, I've also been blown to bits and pieces when the Allied Commander knows his stuff, but that's part of the challenge!

The reason, I think, Basovka is not played too much is that people mistake it for Banderosa (or whatever Bonanza it was), which is IMO a poor map or even Baksan Valley (which is IMO a good map). Thus, people who can't pinpoint "that good map with trenches" don't usually vote for it which leads to less playing and thus even less people recognize the name.

Whenever there is a vote and I mention "Basovka is great. Love the trenches!" the map gets much more votes than normally. I think the reason is that people then recognize it for the "great map with trenches and high grass".

Everybody knows K

Upvote 0
I fully agree. This map is one of the best - if not THE best. We need more maps like this. At least in my imagination, battles like this were highly common. Lets get more maps like this, and yeah to set the other maps different from this one, there might be 1-2 early war tanks for both sides (early war as its ment to be infantry based, and early war tanks are easier to overcome with the infantry weapons).

Upvote 0
on a poll I did not so long ago, people voted basovka their 2nd favourite map, and its a great map for filling servers since combat is never too far away :)

I love the map, and when you get used to spotting where the arty is landing, and avoiding it (as axis you should nearly always attack on the right flank anyway its much easier to win watch the bots!)...

This map feels like a real battle

Upvote 0
Every time I've played a decent defending team (i.e. not a walkover) it goes roughly like:

AT Trench: Major, major pain. Sometimes we don't even get past it, if the attackers aren't willing to assault enough.

Command: Quite a bit easier than AT

Station: Easy. Falls in 3 minutes or less.

I've played defense at the station some, but I always ended up defending from the outside or the tower area. :)

Upvote 0