• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Imagine RO on Unreal 3,0, Wishlist

my wishlist:
-usable guns on the battlefield - e.g Anti Tank guns, MG's, mortars, 88's, AA guns all destructable
- Flamethrower (mmm)
- Mines (could be fun) as a deployable item - or even throwable
- smoke grenades
- another gametype - perhaps similar to Base Assault on COD:UO, or a new kind of search n destroy.
- setting booby traps with grenades or mines
- more weapons (bazooka, pansershrek etc)
- more places to pick up AT weapons on combined maps (lol)
- more nationalities with their own weapons/skins.

Upvote 0
Dont worry too much about performance, there comes a time where the older engines run worse than the newer.. its all about expectations, when you try to make an engine do things it was never intended for, you have to make some creative coding, coding that costs you performance, as its trying to emulate its way through instead of beeing locally supported.

A good example: not too long ago we had a thread about tanks beeing able to drive through small obstacles, like a wood fence, but doing that on the current engine would mean a sloppy workaround would have to be coded, or the performance of the game would drop drastically because of the way the engine handles destructable deco's, with the new engine, stuff like that would be locally supported and could be done with no serious threat to performance.

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
if none of you have seen the trailer for BiA: Hells Highway, check it out HERE its an awesome showcase for Unreal Engine 3.

The first thing I noticed were the "authentic" Dutch buildings. They only made the mistake to have 1980's or later rooftop windows.
Anyway, this game has crosshairs, right? If yes then I'm not even going to bother.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
The first thing I noticed were the "authentic" Dutch buildings. They only made the mistake to have 1980's or later rooftop windows.
Anyway, this game has crosshairs, right? If yes then I'm not even going to bother.

Ditto. The crosshair is the absolute worst thing you can put into a fps. It just kills the atmos. And negates the use of proper skills and tactics.

Upvote 0
Johnny555 said:
Ditto. The crosshair is the absolute worst thing you can put into a fps. It just kills the atmos. And negates the use of proper skills and tactics.

You are not the same person as pre - RO (X-hairs) as after RO (NO X-hairs)
you can never play any game with X again. That rules out almost every other game.
I smell conspiracy , we are all damned to be playing RO and nothing else for ever. Trip wire Ruined every other shooter.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red Orchestra pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Upvote 0
Creutz said:
You are not the same person as pre - RO (X-hairs) as after RO (NO X-hairs)
you can never play any game with X again. That rules out almost every other game.
I smell conspiracy , we are all damned to be playing RO and nothing else for ever. Trip wire Ruined every other shooter.

You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red Orchestra pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Hehehe.

Same feeling when I took the Infiltration pill. (wearing the shirt and fondling the CD now...) ;)

Upvote 0
Guys keep in mind this is an early build.

In a Gamespot interview, they said the graphics would be even more polished by the time the game is ready for retail, so lets wait and see what teh final product looks like.

As far as cross-hairs go...remember that in the original BiA you could turn off cross-hairs, suppression indicators, and all the other visual aids. I doubt Hell's Highway will be any different.

Upvote 0
Pacman :p Only joking.

Now lets see, oh yeah, skiing. Finns did, Germans did, Russians carried theirs. It made it easy for the Finns to Id friend from foe. Poor reds, if only they were trained instead of just being Stalins' Meat for the Grinder.

Now back to deastructable Environments, yes please. :)

Upvote 0
For UE3 I think we're likely to see a completely different front. Maybe a different war. Whatever it is though, it'll have the same dedication to realism and nifty features that you won't find in any other game. And of course it's going to look real pretty too (in a dirty, gritty, wartorn way).

Speaking of which, those BiA shots look fine. If you're not convinced though, check out the old vs new comparison video on that site. You'll realise straight away just how good it really does look. It's not photorealistic, true, but you just can't do graphics that real rendering in realtime. Yet. Won't be many more years now though...

Oh, I'd like to see anything with Australians in it. :p

Upvote 0
Photo realistic with 1980's rooftop windows yes...

Well RO has K98k safety in wrong position, so why pay attension and whine about so small details? :rolleyes:

And was the idea of this thread to talk about BiA? No?

One thing I hope they do with (if they do) RO on UE3 engine:
Add bullet penetration, (small) objects you can destroy and keep the gameplay balanced with the realism.

Upvote 0
Oldih said:
Well RO has K98k safety in wrong position, so why pay attension and whine about so small details? :rolleyes:

And was the idea of this thread to talk about BiA? No?

One thing I hope they do with (if they do) RO on UE3 engine:
Add bullet penetration, (small) objects you can destroy and keep the gameplay balanced with the realism.

Well, it's like playing Koningsplatz with an Audi A8 parked in front.
And photorealistic with stuff from a different era don't mix.

Why do you whine about just a remark about something pretty obvious?
Is every sentence that is not positive a whine? Don't think so. It's called criticism...

Upvote 0