• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

West Front

Amerikaner said:
Im not in favor of the devs doing the western front at all but it still irks me when people say that. No one has ever done the Western Front right so there is no basis in saying thats its been done to death. If we'd been playing and RO-quality Western Front game for 5 years prior to Ostfront Id say yeah but it just doesnt exist. Someone has to do it right.

I've played so many crappy W. Front games that even one as good as RO:Normandy couldn't save it, in my eyes.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
Out of all the battles Rrralphster mentioned there are probably 15+ times that many which were even more brutal in the Ostfront. Don't let your "my grandpa fought in the war" ideas cloud your thought. I had a couple great uncles who fought as well but it doesn't mean that I don't respect them just because I think the Ostfront was a million times more horrible and that they probably wouldn't have lived if they had to fight there.
So it's about brutality and horror? I thought it was about battles WORTH making in the RO engine.
Sorry for going off-topic...

Upvote 0
There are so many fronts of which there are no games at all... This is actually the first FPS of the Eastern Front. If we need to have the Americans here, I'd rather see the Pacific OR at least see the British and Canadians in the Westfront insted of the same old Pvt Ryan stuff.

Omaha Beach and Caen have seen so much attention in games that it's as if they were the most important battles in WWII. Compared to the years in the slaughterhouse of the Eastern Front, the battles in Normandy were just a series of small skirmishes.

Upvote 0
War was over by June 1944

War was over by June 1944

Zbojnik said:
The Western Front has been done to death already. Just let it be.

Although I have been one to argue that the Western Allies landed in Normandy and fought an already beaten 3rd Reich, I would love to see some West Front action for this game. There were some epic battles fought during the Wacht am Rhein counteroffensive. If they ever get the vehicle modeling fixed, I would love to test my ability against swarms of Shermans, Cromwells and Churchills.

Upvote 0
Hey, don't shroud us with "tell that to the west front vets" crap. Alot of the guys on the west volunteered and wanted to fight there. The germans who were sent to the ost front regarded it as punishment and often wondered what they did wrong to be sent there. Hell you got a medal just for serving on the eastern front. Not just the campaigns, but the ENTIRE FRONT. It was hell there, and it was hell in the ETO. But we didnt have to worry about getting our eyes gouged out while we were sleeping or having to wake up to a screaming horde of russians bayonets affixed. I think we should give the fighters of the PTO their time of glory. Such as the limey's on Burma, one of the bravest fights I have ever heard of.

-Mauser98k...

Upvote 0
Pacific Theater would totally rock, have an '03 bolt with Iron Sights for the Marines, as early in the war many still prefered them to the Garand. Incorperate a Japanese Katana for their "Gruppenfueher" ...Philipino Guerillas
...Wake Island...Maybe even some Chinese Battles...
Pac Theater was no picnic.The USA fought a two front war as well.

Without the West Front Germany would have developed the A-Bomb...for sure. They were not beaten by any means, it was a stalemate.

Upvote 0