• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

runtime error after steam update

Heinz

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2005
New York, USA
got a nasty run time error after a steam update. anyone know a fix? I did a search and found alotta crap, but most of it was re the SDK (which i have not touched).

been playing relatively trouble-free for 100+ hours. don't have time for hours of trouble shooting, as I have changed nothing on my computer and frankly do not have the time to hassle with it.

no fixy, and I just move on. I have been nothing if not a total RO fan boy here. random errors are ridiculous, when the user has changed nothing. not thrilled. at all.

Heinz said:
been playing relatively trouble-free for 100+ hours. don't have time for hours of trouble shooting, as I have changed nothing on my computer and frankly do not have the time to hassle with it.

Ummm. k. :D :p

Couple of questions and suggestions to try:
When Steam did its update, did you get a message to restart windows? And did you?
Does Steam automatically start up with windows? Try dis-abling that and rebooting. Then start RO.

Floyd

Upvote 0