• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Clan names, tags and war crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
Nor on the western front. Or Italy, or Norway and Denmark. Actually I havent heard of a single resistance fighter caught and getting a treatment as specified in the geneva convention.

I think he meant that no matter if you were a partisan or a conscript, you would not be treated very kindly as a prisoner...

Upvote 0
I see that the discussion is now about partisans and resistance fighters that are compared with criminals and were all rightfully executed because they were no "regular soldiers" ?
Again this thread goes way of topic and again by the same group of people :mad: that use any thread about SS units to make their point that SS units were all saints, I should lock this thread but......
Well just to please you let me join in.
I think that any partisan or resistance fighter that gave his life to kill as many SS soldiers as possible is a hero, the fact that some posters think they were rightfully executed proves all assumptions on warcrimes by SS troops and also IMO proves the suspected political ideas behind SS clans.
Furthermore I think it is the duty of any citizen to fight against any occupying force, from the moment a country is occupied it doesn't have an army anymore so somebody should kick the invaders out, and since all that is left are civilians they have every right to do so.
I don't think any "regular" that is part of an invading army has a right to complain about being shot in the back by "civilians".

so now back on topic please

Upvote 0
Pagan said:
That is a highly contentious thing to say, especially as you are representing an illegal criminal organisation defined so by the Nuermberg trials.
Now don't be intolerant to people with a SS name! It's not their fault that the SS commited some of the worst atrocities mankind ever witnessed, despite just being uber-1337 german Soldats! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Blah, blah, the fact is some partisans were protected and some weren't. None of them were treated well, just like medics weren't treated well, nor POWs of any country at different times...I don't think anyone was fundamentally treated well in the bloodiest war in the history of mankind. Frankly I'm sick of being treated as suspect, oh he's in an 'SS clan'...NAZI! This is why I hesistate to participate in these types of discussions because they never end. How many 'SS clan' bash posts have their been and how many rebuttles? It won't stop, so I think the entire debate should be banned. However, I could really care less, 2. SS has been highly successful so far and we aren't going anywhere whether you like it or not. We have an excellent quality group of guys and any label you put on them is just another silly internet character assassination...we know who we are, and you do not.

Upvote 0
People will always be that way Felix, there is always "the enemy", the bad guy, the boogey man, say SS and you get that reaction for obvious reasons, im sure you dont have a clan under that banner for those reasons, i hope not but im not going to bash you for your choice, thats what we the west fought for and are still fighting for isnt it, our "freedom" and the rights that go with that. Its from a soldiers point of view i take, the man on the line, doing as hes ordered by the men that make war in the first place, if anything somthing can be said for the Waffen SS soldier, he was elite and used in decisive battles, thats the part, if at all that can be honoured in the use of the SS badge, NOT a homage for what it stood for or how it was used by the men that wielded it.

Secondly remember that this games focus is WW2, and because of this we have to realise and come to terms with the honourable and the criminal elements of it, we are dealing with actual events, people and places from history, its all valid whether you like it or not, and for gods sake give people the benefit of the doubt, dont be indifferent and persecute others so quickly, especially when you dont know them or their beliefs.......i guess it comes down to tolerance, if you dont have it then it leads to only one place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Knapp|3. SS| said:
Not to me...I actually wouldn't care one bit. I'm hispanic and I've seen a player with the name 'spichater', it really didn't bother me.

Would you say the same about a ETA or Al-Quaida Tag ?

Or a name like Madrid Bomber ?

What people consider offensive differs from one person to the next, one can either choose to think about it and respect it or pretend that the other people are just too sensible.

But everyone has to make that decision for oneself, but one has to live with how people will react to that.

Upvote 0
You make a very good point here Witzig. But I really dont think that anyone here are direct decendants from any Jews or innocent people that were brutaly murdered/tortured by the SS. If there is by all means speak out and I will shut up about this point. =p

The way I see it is. The SS is in the game, in the forums, and in the community. You wont be able to get rid of the SS in this game without totally destroying it, IMO.

Upvote 0
Well one could argue about that point, though i won't talk about my personal opinion on this Topic, don't think i could do that civilized.

Basically everyone should stay sensible about that Topic, since its a political/world view thing which can easily create bad blood, and all SS Units should respect that some countries have outlawed certain symbols and thus such Clans are heavily frowned upon. Looking at the latest Judgements in Courts, which have becoming more strict on this in the last ten years, the Clan whos renting the server could get into problems for alowing these Tags.

Last remark:
Everyone should keep in mind that the SS is one of the Symbols of the Nazi Regime and there are units which didn't commit Crimes, but the SS was deeply involved in the darkest Sides of the Nazi Regime (or should i say more visibly involved), and thus the SS Insignia is a very unwelcome to some.

Upvote 0
Your point is very well made, but I still cannot stand hipocrasy (cant spell that) of the people on this forums that call for no SS/Nazi tags. Yet, everyone seems to forget that the Communist regime of Stalin was responsible for approximatley 20 million more deaths then Hitler could have ever dreamed of.
When it comes to war crimes and absolutley evil people and governments the USSR takes the cake in EVERY SINGLE category. But history is written by the victors and many many people fail to ever see that.

Upvote 0
{2.SS}Switzer said:
Your point is very well made, but I still cannot stand hipocrasy (cant spell that) of the people on this forums that call for no SS/Nazi tags. Yet, everyone seems to forget that the Communist regime of Stalin was responsible for approximatley 20 million more deaths then Hitler could have ever dreamed of.
When it comes to war crimes and absolutley evil people and governments the USSR takes the cake in EVERY SINGLE category. But history is written by the victors and many many people fail to ever see that.

I am sure people would agitate against those too, but do you see them around? Me neither.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.