• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Continuation War

Ukko-Pekka said:
Some were some were not :)

M/91-24 vs M91= more accurancy
M27M28 vs M91/M91-30 More accurate, less reliable
M27 vs M28= Practicly the same, M28was a little more reliable...
M28-30 vs M27&M28= much more accurate & reliable
M39vs M28-30= A bit less accurate but more reliable

I'm just going to ask you since I have not had the honor of shooting any of the Finnish Mosin Nagants. Which one wins the "most accurate" award out of those you listed?

Upvote 0
accuracy of pystykorva: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4

another quote:
Finland

Prior to 1917 Finland was part of the Russian Empire and therefore some Finnish Mosin-Nagants were at one point original M1891s. Many rifles were acquired from foreign sources during the 1920s and captured during the Winter War and Continuation War. Finland never manufactured Mosin-Nagant receivers, relying instead on existing receivers from its stockpiles of purchased and captured rifles. Nearly all Finnish Mosin-Nagants have been refurbished and modified in a bewildering variety of ways. Modifications could be as minimal as an [SA] stamp and new sights to a complete overhaul with new stock, new two-piece birchwood stock and new accurized barrel. Many Finnish Mosin-Nagants have two dates—a date for the barrel and a date for the receiver found under the tang. Some of these receivers date back to French production in the early 1890s. The Finnish Army continued refurbishing and reissuing Mosin-Nagants well after its wars with the USSR were over. There are Finnish M-39's with barrel dates into the early 1970s when they were issued as officer training rifles.
Models of Finnish Mosin-Nagant rifles were identified by numbers: M27, M28, M29, and also were known as Pystykorva rifle.
Finnish Mosin-Nagants are known for their accuracy and dependability. These rifles fetch much greater, although still reasonable, prices on the arms market than Russian or other Mosin-Nagant Rifles. The famous Finnish sniper Simo H

Upvote 0
Sormus said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_H%C3%A4yh%C3%A4Models Finnish Mosin-Nagant rifles were identified by numbers: M27, M28, M29, and also were known as Pystykorva rifle.
Finnish Mosin-Nagants are known for their accuracy and dependability. These rifles fetch much greater, although still reasonable, prices on the arms market than Russian or other Mosin-Nagant Rifles. The famous Finnish sniper Simo H

Upvote 0
Yeah, we need some modders who won't sit on the mod for years. I don't think it would be that hard to do some uniforms, voices and a map or two!

"That sotilas will not bother us anymore"

For some reason this dropped me from my chair. :D I can hear it in my head now. But my all-time fave is still "Mahdoton!"

We need to get the voice actor from Silent Storm if we're going to make a mod of the Finno-Russian war! Perhaps it's some weird Ingrian dialect? ;) Heck, they have some weird Bavarian doing the sounds for the Germans. ;)

Upvote 0
Vonreuter said:
But my all-time fave is still "Mahdoton!"

We need to get the voice actor from Silent Storm if we're going to make a mod of the Finno-Russian war! Perhaps it's some weird Ingrian dialect? ;) Heck, they have some weird Bavarian doing the sounds for the Germans. ;)
More like "mahadoton" while he's choking on some kind of bretzel. :rolleyes: We should definitely hire that guy so that our voice commands are 101% authentic.

Back on topic, if I get into mapping in RO (I have some experience from HL1 and HL2 Hammers), I'm definitely going to support a Finnish modification. I may be able to do some sound stuff too since I have a condensator microphone, Behringer mixer and a Hoontech studio sound card for recording. :D

Upvote 0