• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Magazine indication/"new magazine is heavy"

I don't think you ever have to worry about a AK jamming, you can pour sand and pepples down the barrel and it will still fire! :eek:
?[/quote]Byte Me
That is a myth, and furthermore too anyone thinking of pouring sand and pebbles down the barrel of a gun... dont, it will blow up in your face when fired. Yes the AK can get dirty and still function, but clogging the barrel and receiver is dangerous. I have seen AK's jam,...it happens to all firearms. Including my H&K USP.40, and My Springfield M1A.A1. **** happens..lol:)

Upvote 0
BuddyLee
That is a myth, and furthermore too anyone thinking of pouring sand and pebbles down the barrel of a gun... dont, it will blow up in your face when fired. Yes the AK can get dirty and still function, but clogging the barrel and receiver is dangerous. I have seen AK's jam,...it happens to all firearms. Including my H&K USP.40, and My Springfield M1A.A1. **** happens..lol:)
O RLY? Considering the fact that I saw a video of guy pouring sand down a ak's barrel and then firing, so I say that it is quite true but I'll admit doing so for a long period of time will do irreparable damage to it and could cause the gun to no longer function or become highly unsafe, though I think the pebbles is a myth. Oh and a AK will jam eventually, just the time between jams is larger than most other guns and the circumstances that it happens under are minute.

Upvote 0
I don't know the name of it, but the Japanese LMG had an actual ammo counter behind the banana clip on top. Also with the weights of the 7.92 and hte 7.62 rounds, you can easily feel the difference between a 1/4 full clip and a 3/4 full clip. Go and look up the weight of an AK loaded with 30 rounds and an AK unloaded there's a big enough difference to tell.

Upvote 0
BuddyLee said:
That was that French hunk of junk the Chauchat... dubbed the worst battle implement ever inflicted upon the American GI. The holes in the magazine filled with mud and dirt... clogging the receiver. :eek: No two parts were interchange-able... you could not take 2 broken ones and make 1 good 1.

This mg was used instead of the BAR because our government was affraid the germans would capture and copy its superior desighn.:confused: BAR=WIN.
ROFL, the germans didnt need a "bar-like" rifle.... They had the stg by the time they encountered the bar, and at that point they should have ONLY been producing STGs and nothing else (except MG-42s).

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
ROFL, the germans didnt need a "bar-like" rifle.... They had the stg by the time they encountered the bar, and at that point they should have ONLY been producing STGs and nothing else (except MG-42s).
I am talking about World War 1, the germans had nothing even close to the BAR... the Chauchat is from WW1. Bonnie and Clyde used BAR's pre WW2...The STG44 was deployed in 1944...ahem...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Diamond: it's pretty easy (IRL) to tell if your weapon's dry...

SVT40 and G43: IRL, they have bolt hold-opens.
Kar98: Magazine follower doesn't allow you to close the bolt on an empty magazine.
SMGs and such: while I don't think anything in game had a hold-open, you would figure it out pretty quickly when you notice that pulling the trigger does nothing.

AFAIK, all of the Mosins allow you to close on empty; you would have to actually check the chamber.

All bolt-actions: you would know at least if you had fired, because the cocking sleeve would be forward (this is not at ALL reflected in game, and it weirds me out every time to watch the cocking sleeve move back after firing).

I didn't even notice the "reloading a sniper rifle with round chambered" bug...heh.

Upvote 0
Alright, a few things.

The Stg44 was first encountered in 1944, but it's first prototypes were used against the Russians in 1942 - when the project was known as the Mkb42. The BAR was a sad weapons system that the US only got away with because of the Garand. It remained 'on strength' far too long.

Not all K98's magazine floorplate prevent the bolt from moving forward on an empty magazine. The three all matching examples i've fired before didn't have this. But a Columbian mauser did.

Snipers shouldn't be allowed to use stripper clips, at least not with the scopes depicted in the game.

All bolt -action rifles should be able to load single rounds into the magazine, or more realistically, place the charger on top of the magazine, and depress until the mag is full, pull out the half full/quarter full whatever charger and throw it back in your pocket. Hard to model though.

Also, some sub machine guns did have 'ammunition counters' on the magazines. Small holes punched into the side or rear of the magazine to allow the counting of rounds. It doesn't increase the likelyhood of jamming drastically, if it's a reliable, well maintained firearm. I know the US .45ACP box magazines, used in the reising and thompson SMG's had ammunition indicators, but that's about it.

Rant over.

Upvote 0
Marlon said:
Alright, a few things.

The Stg44 was first encountered in 1944, but it's first prototypes were used against the Russians in 1942 - when the project was known as the Mkb42. The BAR was a sad weapons system that the US only got away with because of the Garand. It remained 'on strength' far too long.
Rant over.
I have no idea what you mean a 'Sad' weapons system..'USA got awat with'...... you must live in one of those countries where you cannot own a firearm...because if you did and had fired 'A' weapon of this caliber,you would respect it as a beautiful thing. I opted for a civilian M-14...a M1A. Far better that that STG junk.

And furthermore I argue that for a Large..over 200 pound man such as myself, the BAR out-classed the Garand, the Garand was 8 shot, it made a distinct sound when emty,was a pain in the ass to shove a clip into. The BAR had a detachable box mag that held 20 rounds and was full-auto capable. BAR>Garand /end rant

Upvote 0