• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unacceptable Loading times!!!!!

I have basically the same setup as what the thread starter posted and get the same load times 2 - 3 mins. (I however do not think "I don't have time for it". We are talking about 2 mins of your life max... when you are sitting down to spend an hour or more playing... 2 mins...)

What are the negative effects, if any, to setting 'neverprecache' to true? I would shorten the times if I can but if the negative effects are too great it simple isn't worth it.

Upvote 0
Arsenal said:
What are the negative effects, if any, to setting 'neverprecache' to true? I would shorten the times if I can but if the negative effects are too great it simple isn't worth it.
If you have a powerful enough PC, the negative effects are nil. If you've got a slower processor then you'll get some judderyness for the first minute or so of each map. I've got an athlon 3000+ (2 and a bit ghz I think) and experince no problems if that helps.

Upvote 0