• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-SilentHill

Hicks

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Silent Hill : Blitzkrieg from Beyond / Fantastic map project for Red Orchestra: Ostfront.

September 4, 1976
----
24b1208df0.jpg

Had the german order not been delayed by the post war events and the constant urge to hide from public views, we would already understand the mythical spawning science of the other world. Over 21 years, the Schwarze Sonne made its way through occult science and gravity engineering; the result of such works are nonetheless quite forgiving. Using advanced technology standards they found a way to travel through dimensions by relying on gravity devices and techniques as used on the Haunebu crafts near the end of the second great conflict. Who knows, within a few more years will the german SS engineers find a way to build new, safe and working time travelling crafts. However, it is now time to benefit from this technology while they have the advantage of possessing it. An armored travel to the world or 'city' of the 2nd dimension: Silent Hill

The point of the operation is to breakthrough the walls of Silent Hill and gather as much information possible concerning the occult resources this place has to offer. Knowing that world altering events are caused by psychological disturbance of a favorite being, the german party ordered a quick assault onto the lowly populated town. Kampfgruppe Schwarze Sonne will have to make its way to the local church in order to prevent the murder of a 'favorite one' and eleminate any sort of religious follower and entities.

RO-SilentHill
Map Features:

-Accurate remake of the town of Silent Hill as seen in the movie
-Players will be able to enter several buildings and use them to build deffences or road blocks
-Un-intelligent computer-controlled undeads will roam several parts of the city and attack players - (Still not sure)
-A few new weapons such as the famed 'Vampir' weapon device
-New fantastic uniforms of the interesting 'Order of the Black Sun' german occult division.

Teams will feature the following:

Schwarze Sonne (Axis) (Attackers)
1x GruppenFuhrer, w/ Stgw44, Walter Pistol, no grenades
1x Scharfschutze, w/ Stgw44 'Vampir', no grenades
-x Schutze, w/ G43 or Stgw44, no grenades

German Vehicles:
2x Sch

Last edited:
Sounds like a load of fun, maybe you should make it so the "undead" can't hurt you but just appear out of nowhere and the player gets a motion blur and a gory face on the screen.

And no i don't have issues...just an urge to rip people from limb to limb i pluck out their eyes with a spoon, then eat them MuHAHhahAHhAHAHha.....

*ahem*

Upvote 0
Thanks for the comments. :) I thought that a fantasy map would be original for once. The 'no grenades' idea is there for something; I want the german APC to be strong and have everyone see them as an important vehicle and use their MG the way they should be used, since the lmg class is not avaible. It would also make the anti tank class on the allies side much more useful.

Not that I miss the spawn zombies too :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mikhail Kalashnikov said:
you know, you could add the soviets to your story of the map as well by saying that stalin sent some sort of special nkvd unit to investigate silent hill as well,maybe with prototype SKS as other people have recommended.
nkvd units and prototype SKS? Could you please give me some links or informations about these? I have no idea how to implement soviets into this map with at least some realistic units that I know of. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0