• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop the Eliteism!

[5.SS] Hollenfeuer said:
Let's not forget that some of us paid beaucoup bucks for our rigs, and thus take all the good classes because we can. I used to be in the same boat you're in when the WRM weapon limiter was introduced for the CoD game series, but then I got a whole new rig and almost always get first choice of class/weapon depending on the location of the server.

You may have paid more for your rig. But we all pay roughly the same for the game. So I say share and share alike.

Ok, take first pick. That's not a problem. Just don't hog one class for ever. It's more fun to move around anyway. And you become a better team player too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Six_Ten said:
If the weapon selection was prioritized according to score it would be more fair: the highest score could choose any slot, the second highest got second choice priority, and so on. So if you want mg but are very good with the rifle you can earn the choice.

But what about the players that want to learn to be good with a class?

Those that dont want to spend half the round just getting their score up so they can reach the first priority?

Or the elitest bastards this would lead to?

I personaly think it's fine the way it is, no suggestions that have been put forward thus far have really given more pro's than cons.

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
Just ask the MG to drop his weapon and let you play with it a bit. He keeps the class you and you get to try it once or twice. But be carefull some servers might consider this a cheat. You could get say 3 snipers real fast this way :D
And you have to be careful with reinforcements if people start making suicides and distributing weapons to others. In some maps like stalingrad germans easily run out of reinforcements.

Upvote 0
Six_Ten said:
If the weapon selection was prioritized according to score it would be more fair: the highest score could choose any slot, the second highest got second choice priority, and so on. So if you want mg but are very good with the rifle you can earn the choice.

I believe thats a very effective way of killing a game. Any new guy never gets a good gun or an intresting class. Only vets gets sniper, semi, Mg. No new guys are going to stay around.

If I by chance have a class someone else wants to learn or try, just ask in a nice way and you will get it.
I myself check the classes every time I die (unless Im pleased with the class I got) and can get Mg, semi and even once the sniper. And my loading times are 2 min or more.

Upvote 0