• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

old maps?????

Gunwing

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
What old maps would you all like to see from the mod come back remade for the offical game?

I would love the fallowing:

Kharkov: Redone to be the combined arms map it could of been

Berlin: Redone to look more like the real place and have much more detailed buildings, rubble, and better use of textures.

Keep in mind I'm not asking for the crappy fan made maps people over played in the mod but the offical maps from the devs that were so loved.

Gunwing said:
What old maps would you all like to see from the mod come back remade for the offical game?

I would love the fallowing:

Kharkov: Redone to be the combined arms map it could of been

Berlin: Redone to look more like the real place and have much more detailed buildings, rubble, and better use of textures.

Keep in mind I'm not asking for the crappy fan made maps people over played in the mod but the offical maps from the devs that were so loved.
We already made you a new Berlin that looks like the real place. The old berlin map was totally fictious in layout. It supposedly took place behind the Riechstag but even that place didn't look like the old Berlin map, so no, you won't get the old MOD map revived by the team.

Kharkov will also not be redone in the state it was. If all else, we'll create a proper Kharkov situated more around the central uni plaza probably (shift it towards the russian side of the map. A map like that IS on the teams whishlist.

Upvote 0
SasQuatch said:
We already made you a new Berlin that looks like the real place. The old berlin map was totally fictious in layout. It supposedly took place behind the Riechstag but even that place didn't look like the old Berlin map, so no, you won't get the old MOD map revived by the team.

Kharkov will also not be redone in the state it was. If all else, we'll create a proper Kharkov situated more around the central uni plaza probably (shift it towards the russian side of the map. A map like that IS on the teams whishlist.
<3 you for Kharkov :D

Upvote 0
[-A-]Bugsy said:
Id really like to see back Warsaw, old Berlin in a different form and Danzig....i loved those maps.

Other maps I would like to see:

Moscow Highway: Only this time with 2 tanks and 3 Hanomags for the germans, and it should of course be more historicly accurate.

Prokhorovka: Great map that had some of the best infantry fighting. Would be even better if it was made into a Combined arms map with 3 tanks per side.

Upvote 0
Crusher said:
I want Porechye back, it was a real cult-map.

Bahhh...

If any maps where cult they are Kiev and Stanislalovo.

Kiev (original with no MGs etc) I love probably out of sentimental reasons after all it was the first RO map that I ever loaded all those years ago when the first version of RO was released.

Stanislalovo I doubt many of the people that are in this forum nowdays remember it (simply because you wheren't around when it was official), but it was a night winter map with a single objective. Back when it was official it was a nice map to play even if it needed some work, I got kind of dissapointed when it was cut from the official list instead of fixed and improved.

Upvote 0
Kiev (original with no MGs etc) I love probably out of sentimental reasons after all it was the first RO map that I ever loaded all those years ago when the first version of RO was released.

Stanislalovo I doubt many of the people that are in this forum nowdays remember it (simply because you wheren't around when it was official), but it was a night winter map with a single objective. Back when it was official it was a nice map to play even if it needed some work, I got kind of dissapointed when it was cut from the official list instead of fixed and improved.

Yes, some of my most vivid early memories of RO were running through the buildings in Kiev mowing down the germans with my PPSH. I must say that Kiev is the map that got me addicted to RO.

And Stanislovo makes me think that ROOST needs a good night time map.

Upvote 0
Fu. Svedberg said:
Aye, Kiev was probably the most addictive map in the old RO and the first map i ever played in RO but it kinda died in the later versions so imo the removal was a bit valid.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see some of the good mod maps get a return. Most people don't know those maps while some of them have really proven to be good game play wise.

I'd love to see maps such as Rostov, Berlin, Koitos, Jucha return in a fashion similar to Danzig becoming apartments.

From ost, I'd personally like to see Zhitomir, Odessa, Krasnyi, Kessel and Tractorworks :f

Upvote 0