• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What MOD maps Would you like to see in OST?

Rex said:
i totally agree with lruce. the best example of what a port SHOULD be is the official kalt for dod:s. even though the game drives me nuts, the port is absolutely beautiful, both paying respect to the old map and improving it to take advantage of the source engine.

for this reason (among others) i will not be porting redsquare over to ost. instead, i plan to make a new map taking advantage of all the new art the team pumped out (thank you guys!) as well as the greatness that is OST combined arms.

<3 Rexxy!

(where did Toshiro go?)

Upvote 0
Lruce Bee said:
.... if you ABSOLUTELY have to port an old map for whatever reason you better make damned sure it's good...

I agree, it should be a homage to the old map. I for once would never give permission to blindly port Maikop to RO:OST. Not only because of the reasons Lruce gave, but also because I was never completely satisfied with the map. I even had 2 newer versions almost ready, which never saw the light of day. Also, if there is any changing to be done...it will be by me, hehe. I have the sole right to screw that map up :)

Upvote 0
I hope to see a map with the freedom of the old berlin. multiple battles going on at different directions.

I hope to see a map as crazy as koitos.

But most of all i hope to see a map where you need riflemen in the building shooting the other rifleman so the smgs can advance the square. With a long spawntime and unfavourable spawn exits, so you must make sure you don't flush your reinforcements because all members dead means the loss of the game.

Aka a map like warsaw (in publics it was just a nade fest often with no result, in clanwars it was my favourite map, and i'm a rifleman)

Upvote 0
Greenhell said:
I agree, it should be a homage to the old map. I for once would never give permission to blindly port Maikop to RO:OST. Not only because of the reasons Lruce gave, but also because I was never completely satisfied with the map. I even had 2 newer versions almost ready, which never saw the light of day. Also, if there is any changing to be done...it will be by me, hehe. I have the sole right to screw that map up :)
Does this mean we will see Maikop again in some shape or form, whether a direct port or a complete revision?

Upvote 0
I stand by my word of there should be direct ports. If they are ugly so what?
These maps are what made RO-Mod pupular. They work great the way they are.

They've been played so much because they were the heart of RO.

I want to jump on a map and make me remember the mod the way it was. Give me that feeling that made me play RO since beta 1.0. The retail comes nowhere close to how much i loved the mod. Excluding the bugs.

I dont think a few ugly maps will crash and burn the game.

Bring back my joyness of playing RO. Give me direct ports.

Koitos 11944
Maikop1942 not maikop42
Jucha
Sparta
Warsaw
Danzig

bring back my long reinforcment time, make me feel my life is more important, instead of knowing ill be back in action within 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zuberlan said:
Does this mean we will see Maikop again in some shape or form, whether a direct port or a complete revision?

I won't port it or give permission to a direct port (money might change that though, eheh), but there might be a RO:Ost version in the future. Like I said, I was never fully satisfied with the endresult. That and the fact that I've found some more pictures of the bridge and its surroundings. But it would be not only a restyle, but there would be significant changes made to the map, and I'm not sure if the players would like that...

Upvote 0
I would love to see a Moltok Bridge Remake. as the old one wasn't realy finished...

It was on that map that I had my best run...
I was in the building that had the last two german objectives overlooking the "door" armed with a STG on semi-auto with no reinforcments left and me being the last german left... well I took atlest 15 of them with me...

the guys on TS told me later that there was a line of soviets outside all wondering who was going to go in next...

Upvote 0