• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about bolt-action rifles

I can work the bolt on my Mosins and my Mausers in real life at about the same speed but I think the Mauser bolt is a little faster.

Its actually easier to load a Mauser with stripper clips than the animation shows. In the game animation you load it like a Mosin and thats not how its done. I have Yugo. surplus on strippers and all you have to do is put it in the guide and push down with my thumb sideways toward the back of the ammunition. They strip off quick and clean. I guess they slowed it down to make reload times fair.

Upvote 0
The carbine definately 'floats' and 'adjusts to IS' quicker, or at least feels that way. Other than that I think they're about the same, personally, but I don't play Axis enough to really compare.

My biggest complaint though is the K98 safety. Unless I've missed something that's safety engaged. It's so completely minor, but it's just one of those details that makes you go 'blargh!' :)

Upvote 0
Tak said:
The carbine definately 'floats' and 'adjusts to IS' quicker, or at least feels that way. Other than that I think they're about the same, personally, but I don't play Axis enough to really compare.

My biggest complaint though is the K98 safety. Unless I've missed something that's safety engaged. It's so completely minor, but it's just one of those details that makes you go 'blargh!' :)
I'm at work, to which side is the safety. If I recall (been abou 20 years since I owned a Kar98), to the right is safety off, to the left is on. Oh damn, I've completely forgotten.

Upvote 0
as happy owner of m91/30 (1942 by Izshevsk) tell you that rifle REALLY easy to bolt in real life ... sometimes i have feeling that bolt will fall of :)
not as easy as on kar98... the HUGEE ISSUE with m91/30 is pull it on safety... that knob is really REALLY tigth and u gotta be really fingerstrong person to place it on safety with one hand, i hope TW will implement safety feauters in the future - like future future - dont see any reasons of accidental shooting preventage in online video games :)

Upvote 0