• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I play on a 64 player CoD hq server all the time...usually there are aroun 45-55 people on there...i dont lag because im only 200 miles from the server but others do...one problem is that you wont spawn in other people...but on some maps...Axis and allies spawn amongst each otehr which gives some intens firefights right when you spawn...this wouldnt be much of a problem in RO it seems though because of how spawns are already set up...

Upvote 0
Dragon18 said:
make the game bigger from 32-64 or make slighly smaller maps and give a rank system of some sort
Before the "IT'S NOT BF2" shouting begins:

With this engine it is not possible to do more than 32 players, as players induce server load exponentially. That means that servers which run fine with 32 players can have huge problems handling 34 players, let alone 64...

And no rank system. BF2 proved that it totally ruins teamwork, as anyone is only concerned of personal stats, and not winning the round.
Perhaps it would work if ONLY the winning team gets their positive stats updated, and the losing team only their deaths, but still, generally a bad idea.

Upvote 0
vostrikoff said:
Sorry dragon but we are not looking for the run and gun 64 players in a small map. Like Leningrad in cod2, smallest maps but yet some people have 64 man server in leningrad when the max i would go is 20

Sure BF2 is great with stats (My stats own) (x|Kazahkstan|x)Yuri

but it wouldnt suite the RO settings, :)

Welcome To The Forums ;)
COD2 has beautiful maps but the game itself sucks. RO could have a bit more players in some maps cause it feels a bit lonely to run around mostly empty maps. But then again in some maps feeling can be very intense.

Upvote 0
In the end all the game can really recreate at a historical level is small engagements. The most a side has at any time is a a squad and a half.

In some maps it is a problem however the game is as good as the map in my opinion. Soon when the SDK comes otu there will be plenty of well made maps that make it seem like there aremore players then there actually is.

Upvote 0
I think...

the game simply has not been build for 64 players - and thats really a mess. :mad: The maps are big enough for a battle of 64 players...32 in a group.

I cant understand why some people are saying: "32 players are enough" Just imagine the possibilities of a 64 player netcode!!! Red orchestra is not counterstrike. Its a wwii simulation.

WWII = heavy number of players required! Cause its war and not only tactics, guys.

Go and play counterstrike, dudes :p this game is designed for 32 players, and its ok so.

---

JOINT OPERATIONS - has always been under its possibilities -> no sdk has ever been released. But the experience to play with 120 or more people, is simply devastating!...there has been a time i wanted to create a normandie 1944 mod to play omaha with 150 players. But after waiting over half a year for the sdk or other modifiy-tools to come, i simply quit.

Its a pity that games with such a potential are not optimized. The look of RO is very nice, the maps are well designed and the gameplay rocks - but why by goodness arent there 64 players?! Its so lame with only 32 players...

Now i gonna hide myself and cry :(

Upvote 0
joint ops has a verry different netcode, and a FAR less detailed one.
also maps are huge but you usualy only see so many people around you, the rest isnt even sent to you because they are to far away (it uses fog to simulate that).
RO: O dusnt have that fog effect, and its VITAL you get sent all the data from everybody even if they are clear across the map from you because on some maps you can still see them that far away (tank maps mosly)

so it has nothing do to with optimizing the game, joint ops just uses tricks to cut down on the bandwith required and it sends you far less detailed information about the other players.
thats one of the reasons the CQB in joint ops felt so badly done, atleast to me.
BF and operation flashpoint suffer from the same problem.
for RO: O that would just be unacceptable.

Upvote 0