• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Daft ideas for a realism mod :)

Lizardhands said:
How about killable wildlife? That'd be pretty awesome. An RO hunting mod. :)
Perfect!! I can see it now (and topical too):

Announcing the new mod for Red Orchestra: AFPS!

The AFPS is the Avian Flu Prevention Squad. They are sent to trouble-spots around the world as birds are reported to have the H5N1 virus! Maps planned so far include:

Chicken-slaughter in Turkey!
Duck-molesting in China!
Swan-upping in England!

You can take the role of the AFPS, armed with semi-automatic shotguns, explosives and nets - or play as the Birds, armed with beak, claw and virus-laden poop!"

I am such a genius :)

Upvote 0
Silent Hunter 3 submarine simulation. Some crazy dudes with no life actually played this game in full real time, that means NO acceleration.

Anyone who ever played WW2 sub sim knows they rely *heavily* on time acceleration so you actually play 95% of the game under 1024x acceleration until you either get to the partol zone/meet a conwoy/whatever, anyhow until the real action begins.

OK; but this dude, and I know of at least one who publicly boasted enjoying it, played SH3 with no acceleration at all, leaving Brest and getting to the nearest patrol zone actually meant sailing for 2-3 days real time, be there some enemy or not.

You may guess by now where's this heading to :D "Cannon Fodder's Life" (RO:CFL) - ultimate realism mod for RO, you arrive in cattle car by rail, you eat, sleep, drink, ***** piss, jerk, write letters home, get verbal abuse from your NCO, bore to death, for like, 7 days in real time, then BLAMMO; NAZIS (or Reds) ATTACK!!

You die, and never respawn. The end.

:D

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
2. The planned British invasion of Madagascar (or was it Mauritius?) during the war... lovely beaches, warm sun, a few beers...

Invasion of Madagascar actually happened in 1942. Vichy troops even put up some resistance. I once played a scenario for TOAW depicting this bizarre operation. All in all it was typical funny English semi colonial operation, the kind of they enjoy so much..... assorted biplanes, like Stringbags, Gloster Gladiators, Lee Enfields, couple WW1 vintage battleships etc.

...and what's best you don't have to fight "real" enemies like Germans or the Japanese, you get to fight French :D A dream come true for every British officer.:eek:

Upvote 0