• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nintendo Revolution renamed...

I've never really had any problems with macs.

Unless you're referring to the whole "macs make you gay" thing. Because that's pretty childish and hardly an insult.

But you know, not everyone is as mature as some people would like them to be.

Nintendo is the only company trying something different this gaming generation and they deserve respect for trying this out whether it flops or what have you.

Eventually people will get tired of "PS8" and "Xbox 1080." Although I think "Wii" is a bit drastic, you have to give them credit for not just making Nintendo Gametetrahedron or anything.

Upvote 0
From a personal standpoint, I've never had a good Mac or Apple experience. And that even includes iPods.

As far as Nintendo compared to Apple. To me it always seems the fan base for the two are similar. It's always seemed like more of a "status" thing for most people, as if they are special for supporting such the company, and in some "elite" group.

I realize that's not the whole population, but the most annoying aspects always stand out much more than the positive in most cases.

I am the last person however to get into one of the company vs company arguments. I really couldn't care less, as it's not like I am forced to spend my money. In fact the "Wii" does seem like an interesting system with some good ideas, but I am not going to spend any money on any of the next-gen sytems (and that includes PC parts) until they prove to have something new to offer, as far as gameplay goes.

However, the name Wii, as horrible and unfitting as I think it is for a game system, still is a great idea. It's certainly something that people will not forget.

Upvote 0
Well, I honestly have nothing against people supporting what they believe in as long as they do it in a civilized matter.

And as for "Wii" as a status symbol, I must disagree.

Ifanything's going to be a status symbol it will be the PS3 just because it's gonna be so damn expensive.

But hey, let's just forget about arguing. The next generation of console gaming is almost (partially already) here.

Upvote 0
Surge said:
Yeah but now I can't tell a chick "Let's get naked and start the Revolution." with half the tongue-in-cheek. :\

Looks like the Wii is going to be the first Nintendo system since the SNES that I'm just going to call "The Nintendo." I haven't done that in sooo many years!

Yeah, a lot of people are saying that.

I think the majority will just call it the Revolution still.

But like Sheepdip said, who cares what the name is. If it's a good system and has good games, the name soesn't matter.

It's just kind of odd.

Upvote 0
I had no intention of buying the new nintendo, its geared to ages 3 to 11.. The only good game Game Cube had was Super Smash Bros. and thats it, so unless my friend buys the WII and gets a smash bros game that will hopefully come out with it, I cant see my self playing it. The controller seems worse then the new Playstation 3 prototype boomerang and nintendo hasnt even shown any gameply videos or screen shots (to my knowledge). So im gonna stick with my playstation :)

Upvote 0
You wan't to know why they call iot "Wii"?

My theory: they needed a name that is easy to pronounce in ANY language in the world. And I assume Wii (written, not pronounced) is one of the few words that their researchers dug out which is not a profanity, curse word or vulgarity in any known language (which is spoken by enough people tp be a significant market)...

Just think of Mitsubishi's Pajero. Little did Mitsubishi know that the spanish "pajero" means ****** ;)

Upvote 0
Butters said:
I had no intention of buying the new nintendo, its geared to ages 3 to 11.. The only good game Game Cube had was Super Smash Bros. and thats it, so unless my friend buys the WII and gets a smash bros game that will hopefully come out with it, I cant see my self playing it. The controller seems worse then the new Playstation 3 prototype boomerang and nintendo hasnt even shown any gameply videos or screen shots (to my knowledge). So im gonna stick with my playstation :)

A lot of the games I assume you assumed are geared towards ages 3-11 are actually really fun. Pikmin was one of the best launch titles.

And pardon me, but wasn't Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube? RE4 won a whole bunch of awards, and was just a damn good game. Definately not for 3-11 year olds though, what with decapitations, limb loss etc.

Although I understand and respect your closeminded views, I must disagree with you.

Also, one of the launch titles for the Revolution is called Red Steel. It's a FPS that you aim the gun in the game with the Rev's controller. You can also get swords.

It's scheduled to be rated M for Mature.

Something you are not.

Upvote 0