• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First MP Game You played?

I think Warcraft 2 was the first multiplayer game I played. I never knew there was such a thing before finding it out one night. I stayed up the whole night playing it and remember my dad came down to go to work and got angry at me for staying up all night. That was when I was 12 or 13.

After that it was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault I believe. I was pretty good at that game, now I am not very good anymore. And then it was an ongoing journey of multiplayer games after that. After MoH:AA kept me for about a year or two, I got BF42 and then that kept me till about a year ago where I just branched off into a bunch of multiplayer games.

Upvote 0
First games: the computer had a nice game choosing application that had the following items:
Prince of Persia 1
Lombard RAC Rally
Paratrooper
Test Drive 1
Xenon 2
Blockout
Grand Prix Circuit
Pipe Mania
Snooker
Alley Cat
Tristan

First FPS: Catacomb Abyss, Blake Stone, Wolfenstein 3D, or Doom. Can't remember which one.

First multi-computer multiplayer (split-screen multiplayer doesn't count ;o ): Doom on an IPX home network with a 386 and a 486. Unfortunately, the slowest computer dictated everyone else's fps D:

First online multiplayer: Half-Life back in 2000. Although I do remember trying Tribes once online before that...

Upvote 0
The first COMPUTER multiplayer game I played that required more than one computer was Doom... via serial cable, baby. Of course, before that, there were some hotseat things, but Doom would be the first of the "modern" MP games.

The first game I actually played online might have been Quake[world]. Possibly Descent 2.

Upvote 0
I think the first games I actually owned myself were F-Zero and Zombies Ate My Neighbors for the SNES.

Once I got a computer I had the cheap DOS titles, Doom, Wolfenstein, et al, but the first game I had that wasn't a demo and was actually contemporary to the time was SWAT 2, then The Sims, then Half-Life.

My first multiplayer game was HLDM, shortly thereafter I discovered the mod after finding DoD 1.2 on a PC Gamer demo disk. That was about 5 years ago I think, and I still haven't left the community.

Upvote 0