• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Hidden

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, here go's.
I'd like to try this mod out. I've got it downloaded to my computer, cdrive, and now I can't open it to play. I thought it would just show in my steam menu. how do I get this game to play? What am I missing?
Thanks!

It's cool and all, but I can never find the hidden. I'll just be walking along casually, and then suddenly I explode in a shower of bodyparts.

Plus I have no clue what I'm looking for.

Mainly I just play RO. Cause you don't have to worry about invisible people.

You do have to worry about exploding in a shower of body parts though...

Upvote 0
Cthulhu said:
It's cool and all, but I can never find the hidden.

Mainly I just play RO. Cause you don't have to worry about invisible people.

Finding the invisible guy is kinds the point. ;)

It is hard to see him at first. A few things that help is a descent set up, and surround sound.

I know a lot of times when I play, I hear a swing of the knife behind me and I never seen him. What you would be looking for if you tried the game again though, the hidden looks like heat. Have you ever noticed when the pavement is really hot, it makes a distorted watery looking view. That is what the hidden looks like in the shape of a man.

If you hop on a good server, (I prefer Deadclan) you will find guys that know what they are doing and will move as a group to cover each others asses and you will learn about the game quickly in a team oriented setting.

Well, I am all downloaded and off to play.

Upvote 0
Playing as the hidden is golden gaming. Playing as IRIS is trash. The new beta doesnt remedy IRIS as the new gadgets dont really add much. Once they get the weapons looking and firing as good as RO, Insurgency, and AA theres a real winner but until then I cant see putting in all the time to maybe get a spot at the Hidden once every half hour.

They have to make the weapons fun to fire because thats whats gonna make IRIS fun. Right now they feel low-budget and like toys.

Thats my .02 anyway. If you're willing to put in the time to get a chance at the Hidden and then get good enough with him its incredibly fun. Its a shame the other half of the game isnt anywhere near as fleshed out.

Upvote 0
I find aside from the pig-sticker, the knife and pipebombs are really weak. I can only kill people if I happen to catch them stationary or if I'm just running directly behind them which is tricky when they start sidestepping and stuff.

Plus when you use the pigsticker it makes noise now lol so if you miss you're going to get a shotgun to the face.

Upvote 0