• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Not for veterans

con20or

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 16, 2006
Ireland
I only started playing this game a month or so ago, and Ive just discovered something that makes it sooo much better.

Im sure most of you already know this, but when youre in the tank, the mousewheel will move u up thru the levels, even let u poke ur head out to see better.i had been steering thru those slits since i got the game.

I had seen people poking their heads out and never got an answer when i asked in game.got 1 2day and i love it.

Mouse wheel, use it.

Well i always drive vehicles with the slit and not the "head poking out way" because it's not worth the risk, because i for one , when i see tank and i am a sniper , will aim for the driver. And then the commander if he's not smart enough to put his head in after the driver just ate a bullet.:cool:

Upvote 0
snake byte.. said:
being scottish i had that problem when i started playing ro. how to play with a whisky in one hand and a beer in the other. but thanks to dbduk key binds for scotsmen i now rock hats off to dbduk:) the only thing i dont like about the ro menu is that there are no drinks on it to choose...;)

lol me too, i thoroughly enjoy a friday night on our server with a few bevvies (drinks)...i'm from glasgow btw.

Upvote 0
man i havent been on the c3ll server for a while Rat.not since that time you killed me with those cans of tennents lager(nades) not had the time this past few weeks but dont worry i will be there this friday whiskey and beer in hands so if your on the c3ll server this weekend guys and a can of tennents lager flies by your head. dont worry its only snake trying to throw a grenade and getting it wrong again:D weegies rule...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jono said:
Well i always drive vehicles with the slit and not the "head poking out way" because it's not worth the risk, because i for one , when i see tank and i am a sniper , will aim for the driver. And then the commander if he's not smart enough to put his head in after the driver just ate a bullet.:cool:

The thing is, on a tank map you have much more to fear from other tanks than other snipers. Spotting the other tank before he sees you is pretty important!

Upvote 0
Kurtz said:
The thing is, on a tank map you have much more to fear from other tanks than other snipers. Spotting the other tank before he sees you is pretty important!

I guess it depends on the map. Nothing better than playing a Russian sniper on Barashka and just chillin' on the south bank the entire round picking off those hapless fellows who open their hatch for a better look. You are right that the players are more concerned with spotting the tanks. Same players keep popping out, some of them are wiser and stay inside.

Upvote 0