• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ash vs. Jason

How many times has Jason been stabbed, shot, burned etc? Invincible psychos (Freddy, Jason) just agitate me with their predictability. Speaking of horror movies I think I'll see Silent Hill as I'm a BIG fan of the game. It's one of the most truly sick disturbing and twisted game series that only the Japanese could make.
PS: One of these days I'm gonna see Evil Dead & Army of Darkness, heard about em never seen em.

Upvote 0
Rent and watch Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness.

Then read If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell. It's all about Bruce growing up with Sam Raimi (director of the Spiderman series) and Ted Raimi, making progressively more complex movies with their friends throughout their formative years, then moving on to make Evil Dead, and eventually the other two movies.

It's a hilarious and fascinating book. Bruce has a great "telling like it is, you primitive screwhead"-style of writing. He goes into detail describing the different ways they made the camera effects and other effects, plus the whole process of funding, shooting and distributing their movies.

Seriously, after reading that book, I had the urge to pick up a cheap camcorder and start making some movies. It was a great, fun, fast, informative read.

Oh, and Ash would slaughter Jason in two seconds. No question. Nothing can hold up against that chainsaw. :)

Upvote 0
DingBat said:
And no way could Jason deliver lines like:

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular structures."

or

"Klaatu barada ...... <mumble>"

That's because Jason has never had a line. I mean never in all the 11 movies that he has appeared in (Friday the 13th 1-10 and Freddy vs. Jason).

Jason don't need cheesy lines to be cool :)

Upvote 0