• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bot suggestion for combined-arms levels.

{YBBS}Sage

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 15, 2006
(If it's been done, delete it. I'm too lazy to search tonight.)

Not only are the bots too stupid, but on combined-arms maps, they default to tank crews. Could we do one of two things (hopefully both?)

1: Smarter bots? (probably too hard...)

2: Force bots to default to riflemen and/or AT class troops on these maps (and riflemen on infantry maps).

You're better off in a tank all by yourself than you are in a tank with a bot. If you drive: you're driving along, and your bot is happily swinging the turret all over the place, looking at.. who the hell knows... as you spam "Enemy ahead!" at him. If you jump in the turret... God help you, you'll be in your own spawn until you get blown up by the advancing enemy (or a merciful friendly), or if the bot hops in in the middle of the field (ooooh, I hate it when they chase me down), he starts moving the tank in annoying little "hops" that are timed, it seems, so that JUST as you're getting the gun on target, he'll move you just a bit off target, then stop and wait for you to aim again, no matter how many times you tell him to "stop!"

Best way to get them out of your tank: Go to the driver position, start driving away, and tell your gunner to stop. They jump out.

Please, could we have the bots filling the infantry roles instead of taking tanks?