• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Devs playing their own game

I havent played as much lately as I used to. I still love the game, but I actually found a social life after release. I play 2-3 times a week.

I also play The Hidden (mod for hl-2) and I cant wait for these guys to release B3.
I have recently got into Trackmania Nations. It is a total arcade racer. It lets me get on and play for 15 minutes and I dont feel like I am leaving my team hanging by leaving.

I would have to say, besides Tripwire, my fav team right now, eeven though, not a commercial company would be the Hidden team.

As far aws what I use in RO and what I like and Dont like.

I always use auto team, and my weapon of choice is map and team dependant. On Hedgehog as German, I like to play sniper, but as Russian, I like being a tanker and hammering the **** out of people with the T-60.

Usually on urban maps, I will choose an SMG, and more open areas I will choose a rifle. I almost always will choose a panzerfaust on a tank map while playing as German, same when I play Konigsplatz, and I like the IS-2 when I play as russian tanker.

My least favorite weapon/s would have to be the MG's. I like to be able to move, flank and be ready to fire asap, I dont have time to set the MG up. There is a couple maps that I have saome nice mg spots on, but I prefer the MG-34 on those maps because I use the single shot a lot unless I am laying down suppresive fire.

My least favorite map is Rakowice. Not because of its design or anything like that, it is just the way people play it. A lot of time on public servers, people are way to lax on that map, and Russians have to hit hard if they are going to win.

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
Sasqwatch ripped on on kessel

Some dev joined the full nz server and checked out the gameplay for lke 20min

No one plays RO in auzzie or nz anymore so i just play rtw and now gal civ

I also play vsk4 as theirs always 35 plp online and always 5-6 servers.

Im kinda pissed that RO colapsed in my part of the world

I play on the GameArena server all the time and it's generally full. I've put a request in to have the slots increased because it's hard to get a game on there sometimes

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I'm doing quite a bit of real-world stuff, but when I get my desktop PC up and gunning again, I'll be back on the servers :]

In general, I float my weapon.. most often end up rifling, but I like my SMGs :]

My favorite thing is being a Axis Sapper on Konigsplatz.. nothing like charging an unsuspecting and unsupported IS2 from the side and slapping 10lbs of TNT on it.. really pays off all the sneaking around the sides :)

As for other games.. honestly the only other games I've played recent have been tabletop or board games.. but I vary from Civ3/RRT3 to BF2..

Upvote 0