• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO overtakes CoD2 in Gamespy stats

PilotPirx said:
i think,that isn't possible.Most people dont need realism and so,run and shoot - and they are glad.....Maybe....maybe when devs make some maps with interesting and uncommon location - like Finnish front,Narva front,last battle in Courland,fighting in Yugoslavia...fictional map - Battle for Red Square.:D
The east front by itself is already pretty interesting and uncommon for games!

Upvote 0
Ok,it is :).But talking is about popularity.What you mean,buy Finns game more,when they know,that in game is also map of some Finland place?And not only they.Or have Scandinavians,Belgians,Hungarians,Romanians,Netherlanders,Balts,Spains and so on more interest by Narva map,when they know that theirs compatriots battled in Narva?Or to Brits where battled British volunteers...But that is IMHO.

Upvote 0
Call of Duty Let Down

Call of Duty Let Down

Does not surprise me. I was extremely disappointed in Call of Duty 2. They showed trailers of tanks, artillery, infantry riding on tanks, then the multiplayer game had none of this. Multi player was the same running around bunny hopping shooting circus as before - a TOTAL JOKE! RO is realistic. People do not run and gun because they think the game is realistic and do not want to do that. They do not run and gun because the game is realistic and if they do they are dead, period. RO demands that you use proper TTPs and work as a team to take and defend objectives, the way it is done for real. I think the game will get even better once the developer kit is out and new maps come along and the developers continue to improve the game with both realism and playability in mind. I intend to stick around for a long time as long as they continue the committment to a quality product that I think they have produced with this game.

Upvote 0
The roo in game brower says 112 people online right now.

Take a look at CoD2. More than 35x as many live players. 3700 at the moment

Even Cod:UO is owning the hell out of it.

This is all crap statistics and gamespy is full of crap. Period.

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=cod2

There are a number of sites that will contradict those gamespy stats. Its WAY off. Thats like using xfire as a determination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
unhealthy obsession

unhealthy obsession

All this talk about rankings is counterproductive. RO OST is what it is; a great game designed for a relatively small part of the gaming community that craves realism over ease of playability. That small community can grow if the community here remains as they always have been, i.e. helpfull and mature. If the COD converts bring they're whining smak tard ways with them to RO OST then this game will suffer because its not easy to get into. I'm not bagging on COD players, I am one, but the amount if crap that has gone on with COD2 and its fan boards has been destructive to that community. I don't want to see it migrate here.

Plz, lets drop this comparative competition crap. Its cool that RO OST is doing well, let it go at that.

Upvote 0
Droog said:
Counterproductive to what?:)

Counterproductive to growing this games base of players. Comparative popularity arguments always devolve into a contest between stat references. Its endless, i.e., I site gamespy they site x-fire, i counter in game browser numbers they retort bot distortion etc. etc.

What this game needs is a devoted community excited about what this game has to offer without reference to popularity or established following. This community is small . . . period. It is growing and will continue to grow as game availability increases and more word of mouth creates exponentiall exposure to serious gamers. I think its important to note the growth of the community but not compared to any other game. Again, I think the comparisons are counterproductive. Hope that clarifies my point.

Upvote 0
You still don't make any sense.

You describe very well the pissing match that people get in with regards to game statistics...but it still has nothign to do with "growing this games base of players."

By saying such discussions are "counterproductive," are you suggesting that merely talking about how many people are playing a certain game will work against increasing that game's player base? I don't see the logic.

Upvote 0
if more people on this forum played the game instead of posting on various threads..you may see full servers:)

general discussion thread 35 viewing or was = a server :)

it's good to have an active community on the forums and i enjoy reading comments about various aspects of the game..but who cares if cod2 has x amount of players, playing at anyone time..the game is absolute shite compared to RO ..thats my opinion coming from a die hard cod clan like cannon fodder..i used to love cod2..but i just dont have the "WILL" to play cod2 anymore..

this game has opened my eyes..it's excellent :D

Upvote 0