• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My system specs are xyz, am i able to run the game? Post here!

Slashbot_427 said:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (budget end:)
Asus A8N-E M/B
2 GB RAM DDR400 DualChannel mode
6600GT PCI-E 128MB
160 GB HDD 7200 RPM

Your specs are fairly close to mine - do you plan on goin duel and what kind of vid card do you have I supect a high end nvidia darn things are pricey- I also assume you built it or had some one build it.

Upvote 0
I built it myself from separately purchased conponents.

The Video card is a NVidia GForce6600GT 500MHz core and 960Mz Ram frequency. Cant remember the Brand. I thought that a Motherboard and Videocard chipset (NForce4 and GeForce) made by the same company should work well together- so far its been glitch free. I dont plan on going dual, either for CPU or GPU- the Dual CPU doesnt give any advantage in single threaded programs and 99.99% of games are single threaded. Most other type of software are also. Tasks like Vidoe editing can be sped up by two processors, or running three or four programs at once. Big programs with large data chunks like running Maya, UED, and Photoshop together.
For the GPU, why pay extra for SLI- more expensive Motherboard and 2 graphics cards. Unless you want more performance than the fastest single video card can supply, just use 1.

However, when there is a well sorted out hardware physics accelarator I'll be getting one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am in the process of tunrin my pc into a complete media center with video capture and the works and in order to produce and image on say a 32-37 inch lcd you would need at to be running duel sli- so with that in mind i purchased a smaller monitor(19" lcd) until I am ready for the final step - I dont see much of the need for two CPU's either - althought my is a Duel core proccesor which is supposed to mimick or act like to cpu in one with out all the extra hardware or software support- I can say that is definately a noticable diffenerence in proccessor speed but not like its two seperate CPU'S Its just plain fast. thanx for the info!

Upvote 0
OK- you currently have a dual core processor, this IS two processors, it has two complete CPU each with their own blob of cache memory on chip. It also has the memory controller on-chip as well, so access to the RAM, HDD etc is super fast. Becuase its a 64bit processor the memory busses into and out of the chip is 128 bits wide each way, so with 32 bit code you would have twice the data bandwith compared to a 32bit P4 core whch has a 64 bit wide path each way and the memory controller is in the northbridge chip. You would also be runnig dual channel RAM I think so for example one CPU can be reading from the RAM while the other is writng to it and at 4 32 Bit words per cycle each way its pretty fast.

If you were to buy a dual socket mother board and run two processors you would have to by an expensive server type motherboard and 2 processors, which would be more expensive than your current setup. The only adavntage would be a minor increase in memory access speed due to two controllers, one in each chip, but the processing speed would not be any faster with the same CPU frequency. The server boards may only take server type processors like opterons etc which are more expensive than equivalent speed Athlon 64 chips because they are tested and rated for higher reliability. The server board may also require Error checking Registered server RAM, whick is reliable as hell and a bit faster, but 2-3 times the cost of ordinary DDR400 Ram. It also has a higer latency, or access time due to the extra circuitry the signals have to go through on the way into or out of memory.
You may be lucky and find a MB that takes two ordinary CPUs, RAM etc.

With your current setup there would be little point in going for two separte Processors, unless you put 2 dual core Athlon X2s in- mmmmm 4 cores.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
upgrade your video card to at least an ati x300 w/ at least 256 or better and increase your ram to at least 1 gig and then it depends on your network. wireless your probaly screwed- wired then you might have a 10/100/1000 nic and probaly need cat six cable with a more uber router/switch(no hubs) preferably one that allows you to dedicate bandwith to specified ip and will suport 10/100/1000 mbps (they run about $150+)- the 1000 mbps on your interal network equals less lag with more pc's- also depends on other pc's on network and how much bandwith they demand-blah blah blah blah blah blah blaaaaah

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jacko the Panda said:
May I inquire that what is the difference between x300 and 9200, because they both have 128mb of memory or whatever. I'm not too good in this computer stuff (I understand the basics, but if you go farther than that then I'm completely lost). :D
The difference is in the instruction set and in the speed of gpu(cpu for your vid card)and I also sugestted at least 256 x300 i believe ati makes an x600 now

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
amd 64 fx-60 (@5.56ghz)
16gig corsair xms dual channel memory
4 nvidia bfg 7900XT 512mb
12 seagate barracuda 500gb hd
creative x-fi platinum pro
30" lcd moniter
7.1 creative speakers

WERE NOT WORTHY WERE NOT WORHTY WERE SCUM WE SUCK<----on knees worshiping all mightly PC - i use cross hair xms as well just not as much lol what your kinda of m/b and how big is someone head on that thiry inch like the size of your fist i'll bet - see you got what i want only more- Very nice

Last edited:
Upvote 0
FPS HS said:
WERE NOT WORTHY WERE NOT WORHTY WERE SCUM WE SUCK<----on knees worshiping all mightly PC - i use cross hair xms as well just not as much lol what your kinda of m/b and how big is someone head on that thiry inch like the size of your fist i'll bet - see you got what i want only more- Very nice

actually, i those specs are bull. i just did it in mockery of those ppl that put their specs in their pretty sigs because it looks "cool". These are my true specs:

amd athlon 64 3700 (@2.442ghz)
msi k8n neo4/sli
1024mb corsair xms dual channel mem
nvidia bfg 7800gt
160gb seagate barracuda sata
creative audigy 2 zs

well, for input to this thread i get around 85fps on average but every now and then i see it drop to around 60 when there's a lot of action goin on on my screen.

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
actually, i those specs are bull. i just did it in mockery of those ppl that put their specs in their pretty sigs because it looks "cool". These are my true specs:

amd athlon 64 3700 (@2.442ghz)
msi k8n neo4/sli
1024mb corsair xms dual channel mem
nvidia bfg 7800gt
160gb seagate barracuda sata
creative audigy 2 zs

well, for input to this thread i get around 85fps on average but every now and then i see it drop to around 60 when there's a lot of action goin on on my screen.
Yea I went on tiger direct and built a system with those specs to see how much it would cost and lets say i couldnt afford it.the 4 7900gt threw me off thats why i ask what kind of M/B. Still you system specs are not that bad at all...

DrWrEcKsHoP said:
I have Battlefied 2 and it runs fine so able to run ROOST???

I have Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.41 GHz, 1.00 GB of ram?

with a Radeon 9700 Pro vid-card

and im gettin more storage next week, so able to run fine..yes..no??
yes you should be fine
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4974 check out this thread

Upvote 0
*7GA*Robakidze said:
Celeron 2.5Ghz, 768MB DDR333, 256MB PowerColour Radeon 9550.

I usually get about 30-ish FPS.

Anyone know where I can get a 3Ghz Socket 478 Pentium processor, dirt cheap?

http://www.directron.com/p43e.html this is the cheapest site that I would trust although I have never purchased from them myself but It should work with an FSB of at least 800mhz N-E slower and you wont be gettin full use of the CPU's power

Make sure where ever you buy from that the chip is not a pulled from a previous M/B

Upvote 0
Glad to see RO made it. question.

Glad to see RO made it. question.

Ubuntu linux. can i run RO on it? this is my question.

a link to the linux distro, (even on steam) i might consider playing again.

I rather miss playing RO with the community, & would like to house some reds again with br0wn.bagger.

I am glad to see RO finally came out, but not glad to see it on steam.. steam an annoying secondary app is a buzz kill.. its the same as gamespy in my book. worthless to a real gamer. Unlike the roots of RO that comes from the modding community. not sure how this happened /shrug

-thanx

Upvote 0
lol real gamers roflmao you sound like a CS player - lol Ne way gettin a windows based app run on linux(any version) is liek tryin to get a headache on purpose- it is possible not likley to be very stable but for now "The Steam Client is strictly a Windows application, and there are no current plans to create a native Linux Steam Client at this time. [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Although the Steam Client is not available for Linux, there is a native Linux version of the Half-Life Dedicated Server available"(qouted from steampowered.com)... real gamers lol[/FONT]

Last edited:
Upvote 0