• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buildings You Can Use

Vietnow

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Ok, one thing that bugs me about some games is when you can't go INSIDE them.

Especially on urban maps. It would be so much better if I could utilize the urban terrain effectively by hiding in buildings, shooting through windows etc.

Now I know that this may not be possible for the unreal engine but at least make a larger number of the buildings open to people. At the very least, the same amount of buildings as in a CoD map.

Nimsky said:
I agree, why not make every building enterable? It's not like it'll drag down the FPS. Maybe they chose not to in favour of a better 'combat flow'?

Are you kidding? It will definetely ruin the FPS. I once tried to make a map like this, and I had two buildings with every room enterable and every window usable. It dragged the FPS down by a lot, and it was just two buildings.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
I agree, why not make every building enterable? It's not like it'll drag down the FPS. Maybe they chose not to in favour of a better 'combat flow'?

It will influence FPS to vast amounts, i don't know how you get the idea that it won't :)

But I agree basically, that any urban CQC map should have well designed interiors flow. You can't go overboard though, since area's like that are hidden from view and people will end up wandering through endless interiors without meeting up if the flow ain't designed properly.

Upvote 0
Monkwarrior said:
Damn sas beat me to it.
As long as servers are limited to 32 players opening more buildings will only result in 1 on 1 firefights. Unless someone makes a map consisting of 1 building of course ;)

I've often thought about something similar: a very small - by RO's standards - map that consists of a few very detailed buildings/one big building, complete with separate destroyable static meshes for each wall. Set it in Stalingrad or something. The ultimate CQB map, basically. :) Not really sure how feasible this is though. Hurry up and release the editor so I can find out :p

Upvote 0