• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Rookie's Corner (a home for newbys at the Ostfront)

Kradschütze

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2006
Hi comrades!

This is a place especially for newbys. People who only know Ostfront and the rest of RedOrchestra was before their time. This thread is here as an offer to answer question, but please quality questions. No questions like: "How can I enter a vehicle. Please read first the guide(s) and use intensively the practise mode, some questions will be answered there. If you got this questions come here post. I'm sure there many advanced players who will answer them here:rolleyes:

Krad

This thread is about as pointless as the "3.3 Veteran"-Thread.
Yes, you played the game before it went retail. So what? Would you also run up to people on the street randomly telling them "I knew [insert famous person here] before he became famous!!1!1 I R TEH ROXXOR!!1!!oneone" because you feel superior to them?

*shakes head*

I hope this snobbish attitude on this forum stops soon...

Upvote 0
Grenades

Grenades

I am not proud. I have hardest time with Greandes. I know how to employ grenades and use them in real life after spending 20 years in infantry. But I cannot seem get the mechanical aspect correct with keyboard in throwing them. What is the tricks to the trade in this game. Never had problems in Call of Duty with them as I do in this game.

Upvote 0
I'm planning to buy this game and I gotta know that as this game has a realistic tank combat(?) (need to aim above the tank if it's fa away, right?), so does it have realistic ballistics as it says on the hype. This is the ultimate test to the realistic ballistics. DOES the game have realistic sniper? Meaning that you have to compensate for bullet drop due gravity,angle of the shot, breathing, or is it just the plain arcade sniping (sights zeroed in opponent's head and BANG *HEADSHOT*!)

Upvote 0
I've played RO since v1.1, so I suppose I am the veteran uber player you speak of. I have no superiority complex, but I do feel a little special. :) Its not every day a mod you played since its inception becomes retail.

I'm planning to buy this game and I gotta know that as this game has a realistic tank combat(?) (need to aim above the tank if it's fa away, right?), so does it have realistic ballistics as it says on the hype. This is the ultimate test to the realistic ballistics. DOES the game have realistic sniper? Meaning that you have to compensate for bullet drop due gravity,angle of the shot, breathing, or is it just the plain arcade sniping (sights zeroed in opponent's head and BANG *HEADSHOT*!)
The tank combat is good, although not up to simulation as far as some things are concerned. This will be addressed soon however. Every bullet has its own ballistics, every tank shell, and all are modelled as realistically as possible. Mind you if a tank is far away it will help to adjust the range on your sights. Once you get used to it is very helpful.

When you are out of stamina, your IS is much shakier, and harder to aim. You can get a good headshot, but believe me its not arcady at all. In fact I would say its the most realistic shooter I have ever played.

Do you just point the mouse and press the fire command or do you have to move the mouse as if you were moving your arm?

Use your mouse to aim, and press the fire button to prepare the grenade and release to throw.

Upvote 0
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/member.php?u=3287 what's your problem? If you don't like those threads because they are snobbish in your eyes, why do ya post here? Do we people of V.3.3 haveto excuse just because we have played it before retail version? No, don't think so. If had told you to play RO before you might have said "What for a **** no crosshairs= no fun here. Now you tell me just because of getting retail it's much better now and all these mod players are just vain ****ers.
Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but think of what's said above.

Comradeship and Respect
Krad:)

Upvote 0
Oh, I need to know one thing about sniping too (I'm obsessed with snipers and anything that has anything to do with sharpshooting :D)! Are the snipers in this game wearing the normal uniform or are they equipped with shape altering clotjing, camouflage, etc? It really buggers me, especially in COD:UO (That's what I currently play) that you can spot snipers only by looking at the terrain for a sec and then noticing the bright yellow outfit of a american sniper :mad: ... My eductaed guess that this isn't featured in this game either, but tell me that at least it's dark inside buildings, even when it's day. Those russkies didn't have electrical lights mostly u know :p .

Upvote 0