• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design So who's going to port their maps over?

In my opinion RO's Kaukasus compaired to mod is kind of cleaned and polished environment. Is it the new engine or cleaningwomanbot that doesn't allow sharp edges and rocks or what? :confused: Castle and mountains feels smaller (than in mod). I got the feeling that I am King Kong at Courtyard. :eek:

Also I don't like the idea that tower ruin and backyard cannot be recaptured by allies. Part of the gameplay/tactics is taken away. I don't know if this can be changed by server admin.

As dasKaRmA sayed, that porting is not possible without remake. I would still like to play Koitos1944 in new RO.

Upvote 0
If no one else has dibbs on it, I'd love to 'port' koitos over(just fixing scale and replacing the textures/meshes with new or original art if needed. The estate could look so sexilicius. :S). If anyone knows how to get in touch with the creator, "CilppiZ", that'd be great, I'm still looking around for him.

Upvote 0
DeV said:
Isn't Ponyri like..in the game already..but in an overhauled form..and under a different name..
Okay, you're right, Basovka somehow is an overhauled version of Ponyri. I just play since Sunday and it was today when I first saw that map. :)

But still... I miss Jucha and Danzig. Very much. Especially Jucha was a nice map for infantry combat, as it allowed the teams to flank the hell out of each other, and the three objectives you had to capture after the 88s (The Churchyard, the Ammo Stash and the Town Center, wasn't it?) enabled quite intense combat. *g*

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

Does anybody here feel the same...

When i remember playing the mod, there allready have been such huge amount of great maps, but which have been so rarely played. Maybe because of the relatevely small number of ppl playing the mod...now we have the folx playing it, but all these great custom maps cant be played, yet :D.
It feels kinda sad...it would be pretty cool if all the seldom played custom maps would be redone, once the sdk is out.
Just a few examples...:

- VolkhovRiver
- Karpaty <- LOVED that one :)
- U-Bahn
- MoscowHighway <- ok, not that seldomly played...but the athmosphere...you really felt like freezing yourself to death...
- all the remaining SO-maps, Rueckzug, IronAnnie ...
- RoadToBerlin
- Tali Ihantala (!)
- VolgaB2
- etc..

Gawd..think i need to take a look on mapping again, soon :)

greetz,
gitano

Upvote 0
Soziopath said:
I somehow miss Jucha, Ponyri, Danzig and Warsaw... is anyone planning to port those over, too? They would not even need much of a graphical overhaul, as they're alle quite handsome maps (okay, Ponyri might need a little polishing... but well).

Am I the only one to miss those four maps?

Jucha and warsaw were probably my 2 favourite maps, was very suprised when they didnt make it. danzig was never that great and Ponyri is now basovka.

hopefully someone will make osfront versions of Jucha and warsaw :)

Upvote 0
i'd love to have koitos back, warsaw, Jucha, and volkov river(I like the rifle action in that. was the best there was.)

I wouldn't like to be the one remaking the maps though. The pressure you must feel from being the one to port over such a favourite map. So many people waiting for it. If you screw up you''l be banned from every server known... Ok maybe not the benned bit but the pressure must be tough

Upvote 0
Soziopath said:
I somehow miss Jucha, Ponyri, Danzig and Warsaw... is anyone planning to port those over, too? They would not even need much of a graphical overhaul, as they're alle quite handsome maps (okay, Ponyri might need a little polishing... but well).

Am I the only one to miss those four maps?

No. I miss Jucha, Warsaw, and the old kaukasus. I dont miss the old Ponyri, the new one is much more balanced. I guess it could be an example of porting over old maps- all new artwork, same basic layout, but tweaked to fix balance and gameplay issues.

Upvote 0
And what is the map on a old train station?, where you play inside all the time , with a place for ammo, a large tunnel, a hall with the glasses on top broken, raining and lightning bolts and all that stuff?

For me the best of all the custom maps.

And of course, i missed the customs and the mod's maps too. That's one of the things i like about redorchestra: the great maps and the opportunity to run it on whatever server (just because you can download it in a quick).

Upvote 0