• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

signs or signales to know who is speaking

silidet

Apr 21, 2006
first of all, i want to tell the RO staff that your game is excellent. i'm a newbie so i discover it step by step.

i dont know if it was discused before (i do research with these 2 key words "sign" "signale" but found nothing related) but it should be interisting (and able to do ?) to integrate sign (like in Day of Defeat, i mean when a soldier say "Grenade !" you can see a guy moving his hand so we can see who's saying that) or signale (like a "!" above the head) to see who is speaking.

this will help in those 2 situations imo:
- "Fire in the hole" so we can know who said that to avoid his area
- "Dont sho0t mofoqker ! i'm on your team !" so we hold fire

this will have no consequence in the reality-ish of the game cose it will replace something that a game cant give: the provenance of a voice sound and the mouth moving.

Yes, animations to all the voice commands would be great - but I guess it would take some time to make. I would rather just simply have it so that I can hear from what direction the voice is coming, and that it can only be heard within a certain radius (if you're outside this "hearing radius" you will simply have to read the text message instead).

As it is now, you can hear voices that are spoken on the other side of the maps (even on maps as large as Arad) and it sounds like they are standing right behind you. This makes voice commands like "Friendly Fire!" useless.

Upvote 0