• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank Controls Needed

Pz502_Sith

Mar 15, 2006
1: The ablility to lock the tank so no one can steal it from you.

2: The commander needs the brake button so that driver can't move when you are firing. Voice and Text communication is too ineffective, not to mention un reliable.

Personally I'm tired of public noobs ruining my tanking experance becuase they think its fun to screw around with the players trying accomplish objectives.

curlywurly said:
The brake idea is good just think your sat in the commanders seat you spot a target by the time you have pressed NUMPAD 5 to get the drvier to stop and hes pressed S you could of just pressed your brake key and took your shot then the driver starts off again, i like idea that gets my thumbs up:D:D

I think thats a terrible idea, Im sorry to say.
That reduces the driver to just a throttle at full bore. All he can do then is turn as the commander wants and keep the pedal to the medal. Next step is to make the commander able to turn too, presto, we got BF tanks....

I got news for you commanders! :D The driver is the most important part of your tank, treat him gooooood. :)

Upvote 0
Let me clearify a tank steal.

My driver and I move to a spot to fire from, he moves over to the hull mg to shoot an infantry (and make the engine stop making sound) and a smack tard hops into the tank and drives us of to get killed.

Second reason is when an idiot gets into the hull gun and fires constantly giving you position away.

Upvote 0
-MM!!-Lazarus said:
I think thats a terrible idea, Im sorry to say.
That reduces the driver to just a throttle at full bore. All he can do then is turn as the commander wants and keep the pedal to the medal. Next step is to make the commander able to turn too, presto, we got BF tanks....

I got news for you commanders! :D The driver is the most important part of your tank, treat him gooooood. :)

NO how many times have you told the driver to stop and hes carried on going forward or stoped and then started to move again cause he doesnt think that you have a target well to me thats happened quite a few times and it gets on my tits so haveing the brake button would be ok maybe the button should be on a timer or show a brake icon or something on the drivers screen so he/she knows that something is going on anyway im not here to get flamed but that is my two pence worth.

Upvote 0
In real combat many of the tank commanders could actually put there foot on the head of the driver to direct him as internal comms were scetchy at best. I would be ok with a Brake icon.

In the end it comes down to this, I don't fill up a tank unless I have squadies online. I don't trust pubbers. Also I will solo a tank if there are tanks just left at the spawn (server isn't full). Its better to have 6 tanks out there then 2 fully crewed ones. Especially since this tank combat is usually who ever is the first to get two hits on the enemy kills him.

Upvote 0
Well, it's just a game at all! :D

The main problem is not within the game, but in some players, and I think it's not worth to spoil the game because of a couple of idiots.

I do confess, I'm a disaster within a tank (or I think so), but I think I own enough common sense to make things reasonably AND to learn... unfortunately, a lot of players seem not to agree with this principles. Well, what can you do about it excepting establishing rules for your server and ban whoever does not accomplish them?

The tools to use the tanks are there... the devs cannot create ideal players!

Upvote 0
Frak heads will always be there. This I understand from way back in the days of BF'42. I don't want to discurage tank use. I just don't want my playing experance ruined because some one thinks its funny to get me killed. Its very close to someone running up and throwing a grenade at my feet.

Because of this the simple truth is that my deaths increase with the amount of public who are in the tank with me. My kills/captures increase with the lack of public. (I should also note that those around me survive longer as well)

I guess it comes down to this. I am better at operating a tank by myself or with squadies. Public are an unknown, often hampering the tank tell its destroyed and wasted. Often stealing the tank because they think its funny. Just like the team killers. There are tools available to remove them, I'm just asking for tools to lessen the impact of those types of players on tanks.

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
9 times out of 10 on a pub server, it's more effeicent to be a solo tanker.

True and as much as I love to solo, I will only do it if there are extra tanks. But if someone offers to drive and I will join them. If we work well together I will stick it out. Actually my best time was driving an IS-2 on Arad. The gunner was a much better shot then me. After every shot I either moved the tank a little forward or back. So most shells missed us and the few that hit us bounced off.

Upvote 0
An expansion of that tag which my friends and I use is [TT.d] and [TT.g], for driver and gunner, respectively. One of my friends specializes in driving, and I specialize in gunning. I'd recommend that anyone else with a specialty use the same tags, and look out for other users using them as a defense against nubs! :p

Upvote 0