• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bullet wounds

Yeah, sometimes I would like to check where I hit my enemy on a dead body... I hit some guy in the head today and went down to check his body, and it was sparkly clean, except he had no helmet. I kinda wish I could see where on the head I hit him, like a simple decal. I am not a bloodthirsty maniac, it just feels wrong to not be able to check where you hit an enemy.

Upvote 0
Ok, so say if it WOULD work. Would it be registered client-side or server-side?
If it would be client-side, theres no need for checking the dead bodies where you wounded them, cause where you Thought you shot, maybe isn't anywhere where the Actual bullet went. Do you follow me?
But if it would be server-side, it would all correct, but would possibly lag even more...
The only games that does it correct, cool and lagfree, are Far Cry and Rogue Spear. :cool: Since, they haven't included bullet wounds, there must be some bottleneck somewhere in the engine. Or else, PLZ TW, tell me/us why this ain't possible..?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Alot of the limitations to the realism and immersion are simply engine limitations, as well as server load limitations.

Wait for UE3.0, a couple servers with 4 conroes clocked at 5.0GHz, and we shall see all particles and atoms modelled in real time, with a completely realistic physics engine. ;)

Wait, didn't that take a super-computer 13 days to simulate a virus at 50 nanoseconds of real-time. ****. :(

Upvote 0
BobCobb said:
Alot of the limitations to the realism and immersion are simply engine limitations, as well as server load limitations.

Wait for UE3.0, a couple servers with 4 conroes clocked at 5.0GHz, and we shall see all particles and atoms modelled in real time, with a completely realistic physics engine. ;)

Wait, didn't that take a super-computer 13 days to simulate a virus at 50 nanoseconds of real-time. ****. :(
Well, the release of UE3 is getting close. I wonder how realistic it could be. Lets just hope then that it allow nice bullet wounds on models. Or decals... Hmm, i wonder if we would like to have guts hanging out and intestines laying all around the bodies after beeing shot in the stomach. How realistic would we WANT it to be?

Upvote 0
Zell said:
Other games don't calculate bullet ballistics, so there's a lot less netcode lag they have to worry about. They can enjoy the luxury of small touches like bullet penetration and decals. Looks like RO will have to stick with it's problems, sadly. :(

yeah in fact i was thinking this exact same thing today when i finished my short snipe video (check it out HERE... )

I wanted to slow it down so you could see the bullet wound, and then i realised there wasn't one! Its a shame, but i trust its a neccessary compromise the devs had to make.

Upvote 0