• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Time limits

Zell

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Maine, USA
Is there a particular reason for time limits? It just seems silly to me that once those 10 minutes are up, the attackers just throw down thier weapons and leave. I think that attack and defend maps should go on until the reinforcements are depleted or the objectives are captured. It gives the attackers a much better chance. Tonight I played a game on Odessa, and the defenders beat us twice in a row, only because they held thier ground for 10 mintutes (which IMO is far too short of a time). Granted, they did put up a brilliant defense, especially in the second round, but it would have been so much more satisfying if they beat us by actually beating us, not by waiting till a magical time limit expired. You dig?

In summary: abolish time limits in favor of longer and more realistic rounds.

Problem with that is if you have a 8vs8 server some maps could last over an hour per round. Sometimes you'll even get full 32 player servers that end in +50% reinforcements for both sides after 20 minutes, think of that same scenario with even less people. People would start giving up and yelling at the defenders just to let them capture all the points so they can get to a new map. I like the current system just fine although I wouldn't have a problem with a 5 minute increase or making it so some maps have less reinforcements. KonigzPlatz is one of my favourites because it almost always ends with both sides very low on reinforcements, maps like Barashka or Arad never end like that and for me it takes away a bit of the fun.

Upvote 0