• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What is possible with UE3.0?

I just came up with an idea today. If the terrain is destructable and the water is modeled then it could be possible to to redirect the waters flow. I think this would be really cool. You could have a river running through a map (an actual river with flowing water because the particles could simulate the water). You could potentially get some sort of explosive and blow craters beside the river and the water could run into the crater, or it could even be possible to create a dam if you and some friends tried hard enough and then blow the damn and create a flood! If you wanted to you could create a whole new front line defense for yourself and put a moat around your defenses! I'm starting to believe being the only person on a server while waiting for others to join will be much more enjoyable in UE 3.0

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I'm wondering if they are working on the new version of RO already...I mean UT2007 will come out "soon" so I would figure the new RO would be too.
After this game works better
i say after the 3rd or so patch
man, i would even buy a new graphics card for that
But, the worst part of a new engine would be pushing my crappy video card to the limits, and making me buy a new one

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I just came up with an idea today. If the terrain is destructable and the water is modeled then it could be possible to to redirect the waters flow. I think this would be really cool. You could have a river running through a map (an actual river with flowing water because the particles could simulate the water). You could potentially get some sort of explosive and blow craters beside the river and the water could run into the crater, or it could even be possible to create a dam if you and some friends tried hard enough and then blow the damn and create a flood! If you wanted to you could create a whole new front line defense for yourself and put a moat around your defenses! I'm starting to believe being the only person on a server while waiting for others to join will be much more enjoyable in UE 3.0
hahaha ya, Or, on a map like Barashka, not barashka though, where a bridge is one of the only ways to get on the one side, but in the summer so there is no ice, you could flood it all so there tanks couldn't get across and only infantry could swim across
THAT WOULD BE SWEEEEEEEET

Upvote 0
Well, at least it looks good. I'm more interested in how it will work, destructible enviroment, flowing water, "living world" etc.. Sounds like a killer to the regular 3ghz processor. Imagine all that + 64 players throwing grenades, firing mg's, corpses and limbs flying around, moving objects and all the explosions + bullets ripping the world broken.

Sounds like something that needs an N.A.S.A -mainframe computer or something..

Upvote 0
Porta_fin said:
Well, at least it looks good. I'm more interested in how it will work, destructible enviroment, flowing water, "living world" etc.. Sounds like a killer to the regular 3ghz processor. Imagine all that + 64 players throwing grenades, firing mg's, corpses and limbs flying around, moving objects and all the explosions + bullets ripping the world broken.

Sounds like something that needs an N.A.S.A -mainframe computer or something..
Hmm I'm pretty sure you don't need to think about it until another year or two; they won't make RO for UE3.0 overnight. Of course the system requirements will be quite different than those of RO:O, but so will average systems that people have. :)

Upvote 0
I just can't wait for UE 3.0 version of RO if it ever will exist.(I am sure it will exist:) ) I have one thing that bothers me still. IT IS GOING TO BE A BIG RESOURCE HOG! I think my 6600 GT wont handle it nor my +3000 Amd processor. I think I need more RAM also since my 1,5 Gb wont do it. :( Although, I just hope it will come!:D

Upvote 0
All of this sounds really sweet, and by the description of "how things will look" we will all most likely have to upgrade our PCs with a PPU. I wonder though...will this version of RO:OST still be supported by Steam when the new guy is released or will be be able to create independent servers ourselves as with ET or CoD? When I'm stuck on a bus or train with no 'Net connection I'd still like to be able to play RO even with the damn Bots but can't due to Steam's hoarding of this game's independence. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the process and functioning here.:eek:

Upvote 0
I think if you had an Nvidia 7800, 2 gigs of RAM, and maybe even a
decent ppu, you should be able to run UE3 pretty damn fine. Look at
Oblivion for instance, graphics arent too far off from UE3s graphics
capabilities and I'm runnin it pretty good with just a BFG 6600GT and
2 gigs. But by time UE3 is released, the cost for all these "expensive"
graphics cards and crap will actually be pretty cheap too.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
Is it possible to have animals in maps for UE3.0 RO, I think that would really fill the gap of the emptiness some people talk about, I think seeing a stag off in the distance on Kaukasus would be cool, and maybe see a a cow in a field, or see the actual pigeons in the barns. The pigeons could even fly out of the barn which could alert the enemy :eek: !
Most animals dont exactly like the sound of gunfire...infact most run/fly/or if they can swim away from it lol
Your stag...especially.
Birds that are not afraid of a loud blast and bullets wizing past them but are afrain of someone walking next to them...
Awsome idea but there are some issues that might get in the way of the logic:D

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
lol I'm a retard, I'm a hunter I should know these things...maybe thats why I'm not very successful :p

I still think some birds flying over head here and there would be neat. I guess all those times on empty servers on Kaukasus makes me want to see a stag running around on the mountains or taking a sip from the pond.
That would be an awsome thing to see...
Lol i miss MGS Sons of liberty and shooting the birds outta the sky

Upvote 0