• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Many guys are too carefull

Ghad said:
astute observation there, i say bring back the loading screen with instructions on how to play the game, like in the mod

Agreed, an excellent idea. Is there anyway we could possibly tell the moderators or Tripwire staff? Surely this is the sort of thing they could put in a patch because I bet it would help?

On a totally different note: What the hell, that man should be newtered! ^^

Upvote 0
Ah, I see I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Dunno, for me it's just more fun to be on the move and in the thick of things. I play horrible when holding back and trying for long-range kills, even though I can aim and fire well with the StG or K98.

But when I'm on an adrenaline-filled rush towards enemy lines suddenly a sixth sense seems to wake up. And really, what is more fun than a sprinted bajonet-charge against an enemy desperatly trying to bolt or reload.

Upvote 0
I think it's fascinating, that RO is the first multiplayer game I have ever seen, where people are really afraid to die. I think it adds a lot of realism to the war experience ingame. It can become boring at times, but I prefer players valueing their lifes over a horde of blindly charging berserks :) Too many games are full of that.

Prior to release there have even been discussions about how to make players afraid of dying, just like real life soldiers would. Suggestions included having only one life per round. But it looks like RO doesn't need any of that.

Upvote 0
Last weekend's scrim for BFE on Basovka told me that rushing an enemy position (hopefully away from an MG) with everything you've got will scare the **** out of them.

Having 15 russians come running right towards your position does really bad things to your aim....

So charge that position, even if you have a rifle.

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
Last weekend's scrim for BFE on Basovka told me that rushing an enemy position (hopefully away from an MG) with everything you've got will scare the **** out of them.

Having 15 russians come running right towards your position does really bad things to your aim....

So charge that position, even if you have a rifle.

I remember that :eek:

It was like this human wave, coming rolling down over the hills.

Pertaining the topic at hand, when pubbing, I all too frequently see people just holding back and just trying to pick off the enemy. What I try to make clear to them is that they enemy could end the battle with 90% of their reinforcements, but if you have taken all of the objectives, then that is what is truly important. I tell people to be aggressive when they're attacking -- mount your bayonet and charge!

Upvote 0
It was cool yesterday, me and this other guy formed up about 10 rifleman and a few SMGers on Odessa with a sniper and an MGer in covering fire. We organised around a corner with the tower as the last objective and everyone charged. It was really effective and the German's soiled themselves, we took about 3 losses and they had an MG setup. it's a pitty the map ended the second we reached the tower door. Still, the most effective way of taking a position as a Russian nearing the final moments of a map.

Upvote 0
Can never remember the Church and ruins maps name, but as Axis we hustled up as a team and took the map in just over a minute and 30 seconds.
We did it by rushing the Ruin, then pushing across to the Church and then onto the Bridge House. Most of us had score's in the 30's at the end of the round and half of us hadn't even died.

For Odessa, as Russians the key is to get to the building at the end of the street left of Russian spawn. You can only do this by rushing at the beginning. Stop for nothing. If you command this building from the beginning you stop the Axis wiping out 50% of you respawns as they cross the street. I even succeeded in doing this on my own, as the Axis just aren't expecting you to be able ot get up that far in the beginning.

Some times you just can't beat an old fashion charge!

However I wouldn't recommend it on StalingradKessel, as the choke points will get you wiped out.

Upvote 0
We need this type of bayonet mounting to make frontal assaults more effective: :D

036b.jpg

Upvote 0
PrivateJazz said:
For Odessa, as Russians the key is to get to the building at the end of the street left of Russian spawn. You can only do this by rushing at the beginning. Stop for nothing. If you command this building from the beginning you stop the Axis wiping out 50% of you respawns as they cross the street. I even succeeded in doing this on my own, as the Axis just aren't expecting you to be able ot get up that far in the beginning.

Some times you just can't beat an old fashion charge!
I find the best way of doing this is to grab an SVT40 if you can and go in the side door (by the barbed wire marking the edge of the map), attach bayonet and sneak upstairs slowly killing the Germans as you go. This is what I always endeavour to do and 9/10 it works if you survive long enough to clear th building.

Upvote 0
I my opinion, this is the most aggravating aspect of the game. At first, I thought it was because of all the new players coming to the game from other shooters and bringing their style of play from those other games to ROOST, which is understandable. I also figured that as time went by people would figure out how ROOST is played and adjust their style accordingly. From my experience though, this doesn

Upvote 0
I almost took garage on KrasnyOktabar yesterday by myself with my PaPaSha when I ran in and caught 5 Kar98s off guard(Killed all of them, so far the coolest thing I think ive done in RO so far, dam if it was CS round I would have aced them oh well). I then hid behind one of the beems as I noticed a MP40 guy prone. So i took my chances and popped up, and then he shot me about 5 times before I could get a shot off, should have thrown a nade, oh well. Point is if anyone had helped me would have been taken garage easily, but timidity of other people(and me, if no one else is chargin in Im not going too, lol) caused us to lose that round.

However I dont think you should confuse timidity with cation. If your attackers and you run out of reinforcements, well you lose. Dont go and throw yourself away. Ive also seen teams win on KrasnyOkta by eliminating Germans and then jsut sitting ther till time runs out because they have no chance of winning. Blindly rushing into fdanger only depletes reinforcements. So, be agressive, jsut not wasteful. Charge when you can gain some advantage and sit back and pick people off if your team is in the middle of organising people for an attack.

Upvote 0
I find RO quite the opposite. I find many players are too offensive. Especially Germans on Odessa. Even after the Square and Apartments fall, they continue to run towards the enemy positions instead of simply following the objectives and defending the two remaining ones.

Many times when I play this map, the Germans end up losing because they run out of reinforcements far quicker than the Russians do...

Depending on my role, the length of the round, and the map, I'll maybe die only 4-5 times. Many people complain that they die too much in ROOst, but I found I die less than I did in the Mod.

Upvote 0