• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quit my job today...

SnotRocket

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Georgia
Ok so I feel like typing this to get it out and see a few responses.

Today I quit my job.

What caused this? A wonderful story indeed.

I was in the back area doing dishes, and my employees decided it would be fun to fill up a large cup with italian dressing, roll up my extra shirt (a regular shirt, not a work shirt), and throw it in there, then add dead flies for extra fun, and cover it all with used napkins and tape. Upon seeing this, I wasn't ready to quit yet, but was considering it. I went back silently and did my dishes. Later, my employee comes out laughing again. I go back, and she has added moldy break crumbs to the mix. With this I had had it, and went to my car, got an extra shirt, put it on, and took my messed up shirt and work shirt. I told them to tell the boss (was out at his other store) that I'd be back tomorrow with the work shirt I had on clean (I hadn't washed it for a few days, I only have one). After that I got into my car, and drove off. Now I am unemployed and VERY pleased.

Comments?

I would definitely make that call to the health inspectors, personally i would have lost my temper and rammed the mouldy crumbs/dead fly/italian dressing so far up their asses that they would **** low-fat combo flypie for weeks afterwards.

Which would of course have gotten me into more trouble than its honestly worth, so i genuinely admire the fact you kept your cool at all, given the circumstances.

Upvote 0
SnotRocket said:
Ok so I feel like typing this to get it out and see a few responses.

Today I quit my job.

What caused this? A wonderful story indeed.

I was in the back area doing dishes, and my employees decided it would be fun to fill up a large cup with italian dressing, roll up my extra shirt (a regular shirt, not a work shirt), and throw it in there, then add dead flies for extra fun, and cover it all with used napkins and tape. Upon seeing this, I wasn't ready to quit yet, but was considering it. I went back silently and did my dishes. Later, my employee comes out laughing again. I go back, and she has added moldy break crumbs to the mix. With this I had had it, and went to my car, got an extra shirt, put it on, and took my messed up shirt and work shirt. I told them to tell the boss (was out at his other store) that I'd be back tomorrow with the work shirt I had on clean (I hadn't washed it for a few days, I only have one). After that I got into my car, and drove off. Now I am unemployed and VERY pleased.

Comments?

it sounds like you're in a management position .... and if i'm correct, whoever your boss is will probably be better off without you, it sounds like you were doing a terrible job.

if their your employees, who hired them and trained them? and who has the ability to fire them? Seems like you walked out not because of bad employees but because you got frustrated with your failures.

Upvote 0
-SemperFi-Jenova said:
it sounds like you're in a management position .... and if i'm correct, whoever your boss is will probably be better off without you, it sounds like you were doing a terrible job.

if their your employees, who hired them and trained them? and who has the ability to fire them? Seems like you walked out not because of bad employees but because you got frustrated with your failures.

Actually no SemperFi, my manager is the one who did this all to my stuff. I've only worked there for about 4 months. But nice try anyway.

Upvote 0
-SemperFi-Jenova said:

Anxious to degrade someone's dignity?

Upvote 0
Manstein said:
Snot he's just confused because you said "employee" when you should've said "employer"

Actually it's a bit more complicated than that Manstein. At my workplace there were two people of superior level. The manager and the owner. I was hired by the manager initially, because the owner was out on maternity leave. My manager however got married and then pregnant (she was in her early 20s), and also left. This left the employee who had been there the longest, my former employee, as the manager. She was 17. The owner who had been out on maternity leave for forever then sold the place to a new owner. It was under this new ownership that the 17 year old manager decided to do all this. So I guess you could say she was more of an employee than a manager, because she was a manager based on time at the job, not merit.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
Sounds like the business is going to tank when you have the higher ups giving management responsabilities to a girl who hasn't even graduated high school, I mean they could have took the time to find someone temporary that was qualified.

Yeah, but that would have meant my cheap old boss hiring someone for more than $6.25 an hour (my manager's wage).

Upvote 0