• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting a little bored

The problem I am having though is I am getting bored of the maps. I play Ro mainly for infantry and tonight I was on and was completely bored playing the maps.
The clan matches I have had have been far from great, no where near the excitement of the mod.
On 3.3, I would be on most nights for a few hours and now its lucky if I play an hour.

What I really want is some old maps to play in the new game. Maps which I have been playing for 1.5 years continously. There, I said it :p

Completely agree. In fact i just left your server because of that very reason.

In the mod it was "Hey [insert name] , want to go play RO?"...."sure"

Now it's "Want to play RO?" ...but because of all the maps having been played, and the load times the answer is..."Can't be bothered, want to play OFP?"..."yeah whatever."

Hopefully in the future the load times will be reduced and the SDK will bring a variety of new maps.

Upvote 0
well, if all there were was the infantry maps, and that's all I had to play, I'd shoot myself. from the sheer repetition of infantry-only combat, and the fact that inf only has been done since MOH/AA years ago.

the CA and tank maps, OTOH, are refreshing and new. not even close to getting bored with them and I have over 80 hours into this game so far. Perhaps it's time to branch out a little.

Upvote 0
Steven, I agree also. I loaded up the Mod a few nights ago and had a real blast! Not only because of the old maps but I think that the Mod is STILL a really great game. OK it is not as pretty and some things are primitive compared to Ostfront.... but ATM if you asked me to pick which I'd rather play... I will still say the Mod. I will never get tired of it.

If it was to be "unofficially" supported, I may even stick to it :D

Upvote 0
I installed the mod after buying the game...

I checked out some maps...

And I am scratching my head... why are such fun, fantastic mod maps not moved up to the retail version...

No need to add anything on them, they already look sweet.

I would also request removing some maps that only scare people away thanks to bordem...

I respect the hard work done on the game
This is just my opinion.

Upvote 0
I'm not bored for the moment, but I think it's because Ostfront haven't enough town maps for the moment.
Most played maps were berlin, koitos, danzig, rostov, warsaw and Kiev (and jucha); and Ostfront just have one map like this : Odessa, with just one opened building, so without enough tactical fight from "window to window" or from ruins of buildings.
And maybe because we often had new custom maps every months, but it will change when SDK will be released..

Upvote 0
PermenentMarker said:
No need to add anything on them, they already look sweet.
With alot of the official map this is actually a problem since they use resources from UT2004 which is not the property of TWI.

Also (specially on the older maps) the scaling etc is off. Add to that that most static meshes and textures that are the work of the RO team has been remade or replaced. If you take these factors into account it's not just to move the maps over to ostfront alot of them needed to be remade almost from scratch for which there weren't time for the first release.

Upvote 0
Just look at this lol, everybodys now asking where can they get RO 3.3 or whatever version it was that everybody played. Turns out this game has disappointed alot more than everybody thought. Strange how a sequel or in this case a retail stand-alone version can actually make it worse. Now in the sense of worse I don't mean mechanics and all that stuff, because ROOst is far better made but obviously not as fun as 3.3, is that what you guys are getting at?

Upvote 0
You will need UT2004 and i belive the mod is avail to download from redorchestramod.com

Anyway to get back ontopic, the only thing stopping me from loading up the mod right now is i cba installing ut2k4 again after my latest format.

Don't know why i feel apathetic towards roo just now, don't get me wrong its a crackin game but what steven said above about playin the mod for hours a night hold true for me too, i could easily play the mod for 4-5Hrs + and not get bored where as i'm never play roo longer than 2 maps by which time i've had enough. I think an other factor maybe the dilution of the players/servers ratio, we used to have pretty much a handfull of very active jamm packed servers where places were always prized, seems nowadays we a spread too thin to get the energy up for the game,

meh! if i don't stop now i'll start rambling drivel

anyaways my tuppence worth for this discussion........continue

Upvote 0
grrr wat is it about the mod that just work? dnt get me wrong the devs have done a great job and ro ost is prob the best retail game of its type out there but the mod just have that sumthin... sumthin we all grew to be addicted to im not sure if it is the maps as i was playin a map on the mod ive never played before...:confused: :confused: :confused:

the question is wat exactly is it :confused: :confused:

Upvote 0