• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzerfaust sound.

Yes, I it is not very satisfying. But the panzerfaust was a hollow charged weapon. (heat) There was not a big explosion when they hit, rather the warhead directed a high intensity charge into a very small area that literally bores (melts) a hole into the tank. That is why later war german tanks had skirts or screens around them. Although, the skirts were actually pretty thin, they would explode the hollow charge, protecting the main armor from it's effect.

This is a layman's description. Perhaps some tankers here can enhance it.

Upvote 0
stigmata said:
Yes, I it is not very satisfying. But the panzerfaust was a hollow charged weapon. (heat) There was not a big explosion when they hit, rather the warhead directed a high intensity charge into a very small area that literally bores (melts) a hole into the tank. That is why later war german tanks had skirts or screens around them. Although, the skirts were actually pretty thin, they would explode the hollow charge, protecting the main armor from it's effect.

This is a layman's description. Perhaps some tankers here can enhance it.
well i know it is a hollow charge, but at the lowest range of the panzerfaust dial, a shot like that hitting a tank should make some sound on impact

Upvote 0
It'd be nice if we atleast got a metalic *clang* as it hits the tank, shooting thouse things at range, it can be very hard to figure out if you hit or not, and therefor also quite hard to learn how much you have to compensate your aiming.. you just dont know till the tank dies or atleast starts smoking.

Upvote 0
DarkWarrior said:
Hey ho^^
i found a video in the inet. Look @ this :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5550662657521805328&q=panzerfaust&pl=true

I gues you cannot hear a explosion, only the impact. I don't know.
Peace

lol you are strating to call me like what my friendd call me:)

yes eventhough you can hear explosion (that could be due to the long range, but i think you should be able to hear ir if you are really near), a impact sound would be really nice though, on top of that, there should be some visual indicator like in that movie with a lot of smoke.

Upvote 0
Mauser98k said:
I partly agree with you, but also imagine this. The Panzerfaust hitting the tank wouldn't have much more than a sizzling sound until it gets all the way in due to it is like slicing through butter with a hot knife.

-Mauser98k
It's an explosion. Sure it's a shaped explosion but it still explodes. Hence it will go *bang*, it will not *sizzle*. And the molten jet of metal will cut through in a split second.

This topic has been done to death, and I'm sure everyone agrees with the thread author that it needs tweaking. We really need a big patch or something, I think all the decent suggestions have already been made several times over :p

Upvote 0