• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix the pick up part of this game

LambChowder

Mar 15, 2006
It's so stupid that when your weapon gets shot out of your ammo flies out of your pockets, but equally stupid is when im looking at a grenade, and have none, that's on the ground right in front of me and I have to spend a minute manuevering around until I can pick it up if I even can.

It's an engine limitation. It was like this back in the days of the MOD too. When you lose your weapon, you have to lose your ammo too, thers no other way to do it. If ammo stayed on ragdolls, it wouldn't work either, so don't suggest that. The ragdolls are done clientside so a body would show up differently on everyone's computer, and thus getting ammo from it won't work.

Upvote 0
Zell said:
It's an engine limitation. It was like this back in the days of the MOD too. When you lose your weapon, you have to lose your ammo too, thers no other way to do it. If ammo stayed on ragdolls, it wouldn't work either, so don't suggest that. The ragdolls are done clientside so a body would show up differently on everyone's computer, and thus getting ammo from it won't work.

I dont think its an engine limitation. America's Army is based on the Unreal engine, and the guns dont dump ammo all over the ground when they are dropped.

Upvote 0
I would like the pickup of weapons tweaked. Sometimes I find myself crawling on the ground moving up to the weapon ,moving back ,moving sideways so the icon can appear . Sometimes I am spending so much time crawling on the ground trying to retrieve or obtain a gun , it either ends in tragedy or cursing at the monitor " pick it up dammit ,the enemy is too close to be doing this " :D

Upvote 0
It would be VERY nice if the pickup system could be improoved, all too often it takes a long time to just pick up a gun.

Just yesterday i lost my Kar, i tried to pick it up right away, and didn't stop trying untill it vanished.. i never did get my gun back, and had to run off with just one grenade as my only means of defense.

I think what happened was some of the ammo had fallen where the rifle was, and since you can't pick up ammo for a weapon you dont have, and i coulden't get the gun because it was trying to pick up the ammo instead, i was effectively locked out.

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
It is definately too much of a struggle to pick things up.
Sometimes you just plain can't, even if the thing is highlighted.
I've often had no luck at all in picking up satchels (when I have none already), or grenades.

Sometimes it just seems unrealistically impossible to pick things up.

Sorry just wanted to add a me too. It is really frustrating to have the item highligthed and the text says pick up "X" and I'm smashing the damn key to pick the item up and it doesn't. Yet other times I can madly pick up a ATRD and everydamn round in no time flat???

Upvote 0
I agree with the body searching bit...some CoD/MoH?(can't remember which) multiplayer servers utilyze that method of obtaining supplies. And why can't we pick up just any weapon on the battlefield? Friend or foe shouldn't matter either, as long as it's not broken a weapon should be utilyzed. One of the great aspects of CoD there...picking up any weapon.:)

Upvote 0
=OF=odinfish said:
And why can't we pick up just any weapon on the battlefield? Friend or foe shouldn't matter either, as long as it's not broken a weapon should be utilyzed. One of the great aspects of CoD there...picking up any weapon.:)
Uhh... you can already pick up any weapon, friend or foe, you just have to drop the one that you have first, which is the awkward part.

Upvote 0