• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Blue Screen and Reset :(

wilk99

Apr 16, 2006
I have jsut spent last few hours downloading RO and once I had installed it I went to play.

Got the small steam window sayin game was preparing to load.

Then Blue screen flicked on and PC reset!

Tried 3 times to no avail.

Tech Support said try adding into the lauch properties in the steam game file.
  1. Open Steam
  2. Go to the "My Games" tab
  3. Right-click the game which needs to be reconfigured
  4. Select "Properties" from the menu
  5. Click the "Set launch options..." button
  6. Add -clientbeta fs to the launch options you would like to use at the end of the line - be sure to include a space between launch options
Still blue screened and reset

Got this when I reported problem to Microsoft through the automatic bug detector.

Error caused by a device driver
Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.
Error report summary
Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information) Solution available? : No (see Next steps) What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart Cause : Unknown device driver Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED) Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

I Have zonealarm but have disabled when tryin to load but to no avail.