• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Deathsai said:
Yes, I am some kind of North American, who has little desire to memorize keypad combinations in order to produce those letters.

What about you? Are you some kind of European who doesn't even know how to say "umlaut"?

I know how to say "Umlaut". I used the letters to make it easier to understand. Not everyone knows the word "Umlaut" here in this forum, as you have to agree. ;)

Deathsai said:
By the way, maybe before you insult my typing, you should work on your English until it sucks less. I have no problems with people who don't have a good grip on English because it isn't their first language. I DO have a problem with foreigners who try to insult my lack of usage of a foreign letter modification, and yet they look like a six-year-old when they try to type in English.

Well Mr.Grammar, I care less about what people think when it comes to languages. I will try to typ more "suitable" just for you.

Deathsai said:
Ok, if you know so much about WWII, why would you say something so stupid like this?

There you got me wrong, I was refering to the german troops.

Deathsai said:
If you knew the first thing about the Eastern Front, you'd know that the Soviets produced enough weapons to arm every single one of their soldiers, and then some. The only exceptions were early on in the war, or in the most desperate of battles, such as Stalingrad. And the reason why the fighters in, say, Stalingrad weren't supplied well was because all those weapons were going to the divisions preparing to launch the counteroffensive from the other side of the Volga.

See my comment above.

Deathsai said:
And your being an ass definetly contributes nothing to other's opinions of you on this forum.

Should I cry about it ? No I don

Upvote 0
Heldentod said:
I know how to say "Umlaut". I used the letters to make it easier to understand. Not everyone knows the word "Umlaut" here in this forum, as you have to agree. ;)

Since you were trying to show me up in the first place, I figured you'd try any means possible to confuse the dumb American.

Heldentod said:
Well Mr.Grammar, I care less about what people think when it comes to languages. I will try to typ more "suitable" just for you.

So what was with all the business about me not including an umlaut?

Heldentod said:
There you got me wrong, I was refering to the german troops.

See my comment above.

So maybe you should have said "Germans" instead of "Russians"?

Heldentod said:
Should I cry about it ? No I don

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
I figured you'd try any means possible to confuse the dumb American.
Well you said that not me. ;)

Deathsai said:
So maybe you should have said "Germans" instead of "Russians"?
Next time I do it just for you.

kfnguy2 said:
That just gives me one more weapon to shoot out of his hand :)
Not if I dodge the bullet and slap your ass. :p

Nite said:
Id like to say, spades were also good for digging foxholes. And printing on cards.
And you can use it as a hammer for building fences. ;)

Back to topic please :)

Upvote 0
Wow....this thread, I mean seriously guys.

Did some of you just say to yourself "heh I think I'll post rambling unstructured posts in this thread just to show everyone how little I know about WWII and common sense in general."

It's all lies: this community has just as many idiots as the next game, elitism be damned.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
Every unit in game has the option to use a weapon for CQ purposes (pistol, riflebutt, bayonet). No german unit in game has a shovel (check the models, unless they have deep pockets, they dont).

For atmosphere and realism's sake, I'd rather see people melee with what they had in their hands at the time of encounter, rather than magically insta-switch to a spade and commence "whacking". No one runs into a gunfight with a shovel. CQ battles were something that should be avoided if at all possible, not encouraged with unnecessary melee weapons.

LMAO @ this^^ :D - I don't know why but for some reason I get a picture of DoD 3.1 when you'd run out of ammo and select your spade and run at the enemy wildly hitting air.

&

LMAO @ this thread. :D

But as for spades, I don't see a problem with it being there, can't imagine it being used very much though, except for suicide runs ofc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the spade would be usefull for the mg class but thats about it...yes people would use the weapon in their hands to fight but swinging around a 26lbs gun isnt very effective...and sometimes you might not have pistol ammo or it might have been droppes/shot out of the hand...but i could only realistically seeing for mg

Upvote 0