• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Maps

Well thing is: RO has different styles of gameplay.
* Infantry maps
* Combined arms maps
* Tank maps

If you prefer infantry-only maps (like I do) the number of maps is rather limited. Even more since some of these maps are golden-oldies ;) So do we need new maps: of course we do. Let's hope TW is able to release the editor soon.

Monk.

Upvote 0
I'm not going to ****** let alone about *when* new content comes out.
It's gonna be awesome, but I'm just happy to have a game like ROO period.
When the SDK does come out, I just hope that someone remakes red square. That was a great map. I also reallly want to see some more trench type maps and more deformed terrain type maps. I love the grittty, war torn look and hiding and dodging in bomb craters.

People have been talking about ROO WW1 mods, which I'd love to see. Someone could easily make maps that kind of simulate this,obviously with the right visuals and terrain but also by stripping down the class choices to rifleman and mg's only. That would make for some reallly cool gameplay too. Well, just a thought.

Upvote 0
The End said:
BF2 and CoD2 didn't ship with 13 maps. As far as I'm concerned, anyone bitching that RO hasn't enough maps needs to worry about managing their own unrealistic expectations.

Well actually to be honest COD2 shipped with exactly 13 MP maps :cool:

And they added 2 more in the latest patch (albeit one of them is just a recycled COD1 map)

I do not mean to imply anything, I am still discovering all the tactical options 13 original RO maps have to offer, and I am sure there will be more to come, just setting the record straight.

Oleg

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
Well actually to be honest COD2 shipped with exactly 13 MP maps :cool:

And they added 2 more in the latest patch (albeit one of them is just a recycled COD1 map)

I do not mean to imply anything, I am still discovering all the tactical options 13 original RO maps have to offer, and I am sure there will be more to come, just setting the record straight.

Oleg

actually, almost ALL the CoD2 maps were recycled CoD1 maps. there were only 3 or 4 new maps on launch, and the rest were community faves.

Upvote 0