• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad What do Tactical Realism Clans consider Realism?

Ive read through most of the posts in this thread, and Im not gonna pull quotes from all the previous authors. But just to comment on several...Ive NEVER shot, stabbed, or butt smacked anyone for a weapon or tank..and If anyone on my team ever did they would be dealt with. So whichever SS guy said that one, your statement is WAY to generalized. As far as the realism factor goes...I like what your trying to do, and while I use a bolt most of the time, but on occasion Ill use an smg...and what ive noticed is, RNG style is not as effective as in the mod. And "bunnyhopping"? Hell, you can barely get off the damn ground...especially after running from what objective to the other. So Im not sure the bunnyhopping reference is even needed. This isnt BF2. Im no war time history buff...but you mean, no one ever sent smgs to clear a bunker, and there was never a time they would shoot from the hip instead of bringing that heavy ass russian weapon to thier face? And really, if you can actually hit someone from the hip with the smgs, with the recoil they have, thats pretty damn good.

Now ive played on some of the realism "clans" server, not knowing it when I started...and ive seen them try and single out individual players about the RNG play. And since I use a bolty most of the time, it doesnt really affect me much...but it is a public server...its your public server of course...but you have this server up so you can get people from the RO community to play on your server. THE PUBLIC. And its a small percentage that wants to stick to the rules you are talking about, that you cant really enforce...except on the ones with higher scores...which is what I was seeing on one particular server...which I will not name. They would totally ignore the players with less skill, doing the EXACT same thing...a little hippocritical. But its your server. I run a server also...and I look at my server sorta like a bar...and me and mine are "bouncers"...there to keep the peace...but we want everyone to have a good time, because we want them to come back. Our admins dont put up with a lot of crap. If you are causing problems...your out. If we want to do something specific, with a specific set of rules...we lock our server, and invite the individuals we know will follow our rules...the ones with the same mindset for that evenings particular play.

It seems to me that if the RNG style is so distasteful to you...you would lock your servers, and set them up for your realism clans. It would seem to be the easiest way to deal with this problem for you. The new players to the community want to come in and play...and not be governed by such a stringent set of rules. It makes it not fun. And may push some players away. Now, I set up our server with the Hud Pack, so you cant see anything after your dead...we use the TK Mutator as well. So we put in place some things that will help with the realism factor. But its a game. It supposed to be fun. And...by the way...ive seen some of you realism guys use the RNG tactics on other servers. So is whats good for the goose good for the gander? Or is it a do as I say, not as I do?

Anyway...those are my ramblings on the various subjects...maybe you can get something out of it...or just say huh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mysticwolf said:
And...by the way...ive seen some of you realism guys use the RNG tactics on other servers. So is whats good for the goose good for the gander?

Make sure you don't generalize here. You said, "some" but unless you plan to mention specific players, you're bound to find someone coming into this thread to argue with you that they are NOT part of "some of you realism guys".

My opinion... the fact of the matter is, this game is specifically designed for realism. It's meant to be played with some relative style of tactics and communication. Some people take that a step further by emulating real life units... others just take a name and run with it. ie. 82nd Airborne from CoD, they used the name, but had in-game names like Gen.Underpants

There's varying levels of realism. We at TRO have high expectations of our members and players (public on the server)... and it pays off with having a full or near full server day in and day out. Even with rules like, "Use your sights", "Apologize for ALL TK's", "Keep the teams even at all times", and "Watch the language" they still come back and still enjoy the server.

It's personal preference... you as a public player either accept it or not when entering a unit/clan server... and then you as a unit/clan member decide what level of realism (or none at all) that you wish to follow. No one is right or wrong... it's just solely up to you.

Upvote 0
Krueger,

What unit did you play with in COD? I was a die-hard COD TR player until RO:O's release... but I honestly don't remember you from the COD TR community. Did you go under a different name there?

Hptmn.Krueger said:
... others just take a name and run with it. ie. 82nd Airborne from CoD, they used the name, but had in-game names like Gen.Underpants

...and I can just see Undies stumbling backwards from a poke in the eye... LOL:p

Upvote 0
Make sure you don't generalize here. You said, "some" but unless you plan to mention specific players, you're bound to find someone coming into this thread to argue with you that they are NOT part of "some of you realism guys".

Yea...thats why i didnt mention any names/servers...even if I did, they would deny it...lol.

And after looking at what your trying to build...I applaud you and wish you luck. I very much like the idea of a overall strategy of moving and taking areas of a map, using individual battles as the premise of the movement. It would be a fun thing even for the teams/clans that dont do the ultra-realism. My main thing is, we as a RO community need to make sure its as fun and easy for all to come in...the bigger the community, the better the game will be in the end. ;)

Upvote 0