• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

vehicles I think ROOST should have:

Gunwing

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
I think ROOST could realy have a good list of vehicles with the fallowing added.

Note: these are chosen because they would fit best with ROOST's style of play.

Russians:

Zis 5 military truck
T-26 tank
BT-7 tank
KV-1 tank
KV-2 tank
SU-152 assault tank

Germans:

Opel Blitz 3.6 military truck
SdKfz 222 armored car with both 20 mm auto cannon and 7.62 mm machine gun
SdKfz 234/2 Puma armored car
Panzer 2 light tank
Panzer38 medium tank
Marder 2 assault tank
Jagpanzer IV/70 assault tank

Don't take this as flaming you, or critisizing (sp?) you....just commenting on the choices...

Zis and Opel Blitz - nothing to tow, maps too small and personnel too little
T-26 - "First seeing action in the Spanish Civil War, the T-26 then continued in the "Winter War" against Finland in 1939-1940. Few survived the first years of the war in 1941..."
BT-7 - good call, fought for the entire length of the war, about equal to the early PzIII
KV-1 - for the time period, I dunno...this tank's role was replaced by the IS series
KV-2 - "The huge box-like turret gave the vehicle a total height of 3.28 m, which drew just too much enemy fire, and most of them were lost at the begining of the war. The weight made the KV-2 slow with a maximum speed of just 26 km/h. The production of the KV-2 stopped when the factories were taken by the Germans in 1942."
SU-152 - would be a good add, but needs to be realistic (2-3 rounds a minute)
SdKfz 222 armored car with both 20 mm auto cannon and 7.62 mm machine gun - counter to the Soviet car, might be a good add when they fix the "insta-out"...
SdKfz 234/2 Puma armored car -
[FONT=book antiqua, times new roman, times]Quoting Heinz Guderians war diary, October 1st 1944:[/FONT]
[FONT=book antiqua, times new roman, times]"Panzersp

Upvote 0
I find it worrying that insults and flames pop up that often in these forums nowadays... Guys, behave, or use PMs if you want to yell at each other...

The Blitz and Zis were not "frontline" vehicles, so unless ambushed, you wouldn't find them on the battlefields...

and we have the KV-1s (if it is comparable to the KV-1) already in game ;)

Upvote 0
Well, even if adding the Klim Vorsilov-2 (KV2) would need some bypassing of historical facts, I'd still love to have one.

The Blitz and Zis trucks would be quite unnecessary, because they have no protection of any kind against even regular infantry weapons, not to mention tanks, mg's, 20mm's or such. The halftrack and the armored car do the trick well enough. Altough, the russians could use something with a bit more room for people, perhaps captured halftracks or something.

A K

Upvote 0