• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any college football fans?

thierry_henry_25922a.jpg

Hooray for proper football

Upvote 0
We Are..... Marshall!!!

:mad:

My initial response to seeing that was I murmured omg...

What exactly is your affilation with the blundering terds? You better just be pulling my chain, because I'm a bit disgusted now.

It doesn't matter anyway Marshall is going to get what they have been wanting on Sept 2nd and they arn't going to like it.

Upvote 0
I've gone to school there for 3 years. I don't so much care for their current football program, but when we had Chad Pennington and Randy Moss on the same team it was pure pwnage. Marshall has had a lot of great past players including Byron Leftwich (Jaguars), Chad Pennington (Jets), Darius Watts (Denver), Troy Brown (Patriots), and Randy Moss (Raiders), but their current program led by Mark Snyder sucks BAAAADDDD. WVU will probably beat us this year, but at least I can say we spanked them at basketball this year already. :p

Upvote 0
Yeah I nearly puked *honest to God* when we lost to Marshall this year.

but trust me WVU will spank Marshall hard Sept 2nd, Coach Rod is a GREAT motivator and our team and state will be pissed off and ready to play the terds. I expect us to win all 7 games of the series and force Marshall to forget all about this *WVU is to scared to play us* crap. The only way I see them beating WVU is if you guys recruit some awesome players in the next couple years.

I'm sort of glad I have a rival in my own squad, this could get interesting :)

Upvote 0
Sir. Hoppum said:
thierry_henry_25922a.jpg

Hooray for proper football
That's feetball...we're talking about football. :p

I'm a Virginia Tech fan. I don't know what we're going to do this year, though. We have a great receiver in Eddie Royal, but I don't know about our QB situation...even though Vick was an asshole and deserved to be kicked off the team, you can't deny that he was extremely talented.

Upvote 0
ugh....a MooU and a VPI fan here, I think I'm going to faint.

I was at last years WVU VT game and I was on the 5 yard line front row, I got to see plenty of Marcus :( . He has some talent but I hate that jerk, and if somehow an NFL team takes the chance on him, I wouldn't mind seeing him break his leg at the knee.

To be honest, I think you guys need to get rid of Beamer. If you got a different coach maybe you can turn your team around, because currently you guys are the bad boys of college football.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
ugh....a MooU and a VPI fan here, I think I'm going to faint.

I was at last years WVU VT game and I was on the 5 yard line front row, I got to see plenty of Marcus :( . He has some talent but I hate that jerk, and if somehow an NFL team takes the chance on him, I wouldn't mind seeing him break his leg at the knee.

To be honest, I think you guys need to get rid of Beamer. If you got a different coach maybe you can turn your team around, because currently you guys are the bad boys of college football.
There's no chance in hell we're getting rid of Beamer. He turned us around from a sucky team to a National title contender. Sure, he turned us into the "bad guys" of football, but i'd rather be a bad guy then a sucky guy, you know?

Ps, not to over generalize, but I heard from somebody (a VT fan) who went to the WVU-VT game last year that WVU has some of the worst fans around, and a bunch of asshats were spitting on VT fans and taunting them and stuff. Have you ever witnessed anything like this before?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
not to over generalize, but I heard from somebody (a VT fan) who went to the WVU-VT game last year that WVU has some of the worst fans around, and a bunch of asshats were spitting on VT fans and taunting them and stuff.

We WVU fans here this a lot. To be honest every team (including WVU) has their share of bad fans. But at the game I didn't see any poor behaviour except for some drunk student cussing out a VT fan after the game as we were walking back to our cars, the fan didn't bother with the kid and that only mad the kid even more mad and he eventually gave up and then went on to say how the VT fan was cool and how he would like to smoke weed with him.:rolleyes: I also heard a fan talking about an incident before the game during the tailgating. A VT fan was walking towards the stadium and a WVU fan threw a football at his head but missed, so the VT fan went over picked up the football and punted it across the parking lot LMAO!!!

But you hear the taunting/spitting/throwing stuff from everyone, WVU fans complain about it when we have games at VT, so really both team's fans do it along with many many other schools. But those people are just a small minority. I remember WVu fans talking about the Sugar Bowl and how they would have a bunch of cocky arrogant Georgia fans around them that would scream at them and cuss them out and dump beer on the WVU fans as we ran the score up in the first quarter.

By the way if you guys don't get rid of Beamer, your going to have the NCAA breathing down your neck. I mean Beamer didn't bother to kick Vick off the team after he knew about his recent criminal charges just so he could play in the Gator bowl, and after the game he kicked him off. I've also read on Scout.com about one of the DL that the cHokies recruited and one of the comments said that the guy "plays with bad intentions".

Upvote 0
It is very true that every school has its bad group of fans. I just kind of jumped to conclusions because I've never heard of behavior like that.

But still, no matter the accusations, no VT fan will agree with you that Beamer should leave. Sure, since you don't care about our record, you wouldn't feel hurt if Beamer were asked to resign or was fired. I easily believe that there would be riots, protests, and all that good stuff if Beamer were fired. VT loves their football, no matter how dirty the players/coaches are.

Upvote 0
VT loves their football, no matter how dirty the players/coaches are.

These people play in COLLEGE, not at a prison. I think college should have some quality standards. I mean VT named a hall after Mike Vick and he didn't even graduate from the freaking school.:rolleyes:

But the attitude you say that VT fans have is terrible, you are saying you are willing have criminals and child molesters on your team just so you might have a chance at the BCS? VT is getting a bad rep and honestly their stock is falling and high caliber athletes are not interested in them anymore. In a few years VT fans will probably be calling for Beamers head.

Upvote 0
[5.SS]Strother said:
I mean VT named a hall after Mike Vick and he didn't even graduate from the freaking school.
You don't know how much money he has given to the school, do you?

[5.SS]Strother said:
But the attitude you say that VT fans have is terrible, you are saying you are willing have criminals and child molesters on your team just so you might have a chance at the BCS? VT is getting a bad rep and honestly their stock is falling and high caliber athletes are not interested in them anymore. In a few years VT fans will probably be calling for Beamers head.
Of course I didn't mean that VT fans would be alright with criminals on the team. I mean, everybody draws the line somewhere. I don't know where you keep getting this idea that VT is a bunch of bad people either. The one person that I can remember that I can remember bringing us a bad rep is Marcus Vick. If you're going to judge our whole team by Vick, then well, you need to do some re-evaluating. And the one thing bad that Beamer did is not suspend or kick vick off the team after his whole driving with a suspended license deal.

Upvote 0