• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers restarting frequently?

ShapeSh1fter

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Schweden
Whats up with that? For example, I've played on the C3LL server for some rounds tonight and three times i managed to hit the sniper button fast enough, odds of that:rolleyes: ?, and when walking around with my rifle(which i rarely get to play btw) suddenly the server gets restarted or something!! rather annoying for me atleast. A warning would be nice or an explanation in-game perhaps...:eek: :eek:

I respect some clans want to team stack or something and thus restarts the server to let their guys join but it isnt very 'nice' if you get my point....

Anyway, off to see if i can get into the C3LL server again and maybe play as a sniper for one round atleast before it restarts or something.... Awesome ppl there and a good map rotation!!:)

Hey ShapeSh1fter,
Yes, we have ALOT of server crashes on the C3LL server right now. Today I think we have had around 8 or more crashes, and belive me we would like to get all those problems fixes. So it is infact not we that restart the server in the middle of a game, if we restart the server due to changes in the config we always send a message thru' admin that the server will restart.
We are working on getting as much information possible from each crash, so we can try and solve this problem. And as Zetsumei stated, our server is currently on Linux (been switched between Win and Linux a bit, but we're staying on Linux for now it looks like).

I hope to see you on the server tomorrow as well, and I hope that TW will find the problems asap so they can work on a fix.

Cheers,
C3ll Molnies

Upvote 0
Molnies said:
We are working on getting as much information possible from each crash, so we can try and solve this problem.

Oh I see, thanks for the info. I wish you all the best of luck figuring out the problems! Man, I've had some of my greatest roost times on that server and it just hurts when it behaves the way it does, espescially if I manage to get me a sniper rifle:) :rolleyes:.

Also, the map selection C3LL has is king!

Upvote 0
yeah we have NEVER ran any mutators the server just seems to crash randomly...we have the latest patch running, and you'll see in the server support section we are not alone, many other clans are having these problems with their servers....the latest patch seems to be pretty stable on windows so we might be switching the server back at least temporarily but we'll keep the same IP.

PS - thanks for the compliments Shapeshifter, hope to see you there again soon

Upvote 0